Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove New Software Update Notification

(Topic created on: 15-05-2022 10:17 AM)
Lee Frances
Student
Options

How do I permanently disable  the Software Update notification on S21?

28 REPLIES 28
guimmp
Journeyman
Options
  • Obviously we're finding by not having to perform the update
0 Likes
guimmp
Journeyman
Options

The problems you can face by simply doing the update is that it may mess up with the phone usage. My phone just cropped screen image by the left and right side.

0 Likes
Josesamsu
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, I did try this option on my a32 5g but the update request keeps coming back. What else can I do to prevent that?

I unintentionally went forward with the update 2 months ago and the update stalled my phone completely and it had to go back to samsung to be rebooted! Appaling!

0 Likes
Josesamsu
First Poster
Options

Hi funeralmaster, I did try this option on my a32 5g.  It seemed to work but came back a couple days later. The UPDATE DATE parameter seems to have disappeared now! WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

0 Likes
garddee005
Apprentice
Options

SetEdit works if you get the Feature Pack for SetEdit. it can prevent the setting being changed by the OS with a function in setedit called "Settings Guardian". 

I use this method on a Samsung Note10+ 5G

1. Go to settings > software update > disable download update automatically and Scheduled software update.
  2. Enable developer options by clicking the build number 7 times 
  3. go to developer option > disable auto update system.
  4. go to Biometrics and security>other security option > security policy update > disable auto update
  5. Downoad SetEdit and the Feature pack. Install and open it.
  6. Look for SOFTWARE_UPDATE_LAST_CHECKED_DATE and click edit value
  7. Switch the digits to a later date like "9999608000000"
  8. Add this setting to Guardian and set as foreground guardian, turn off notifications for SetEdit
  9. DO NOT OPEN "Settings > SOFTWARE UPDATE > DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL"
Nekowo
Student
Options

I used an app from play store to hide these notifications:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iboalali.hidepersistentnotifications

It's a paid app, but $2.5 to have it gone doesn't sound like a lot.

Personally I always install new updates and never have problems, but this time it was a OneUI 6 beta - which I learned does not support Google pay of banking apps, therefore decided not to go with the update. That app worked, it's not a paid promotion I'm just sharing what I used - I'm sure you can try to find something similar for free. 

0 Likes
Coolpixs4
Apprentice
Options

Dear garddee005,

I downoaded SetEdit and the Feature pack from GGplay. Install and Open it & Look for "SOFTWARE_UPDATE_LAST_CHECKED_DATE" string

But I can't find those strings in either "System Table"/ "Secue Table" nor " Global Table"

it has only the line "isFotaUpgrade" and "S906EXXU2AVF9" ; That is my current software version

My device is Galaxy S22+ OneUI 4.1 android 12 security patch July 2022 - I don't want to upgrade software 

guimmp
Journeyman
Options

Have you enabled Developer settings by tapping 7 times on the build number? If not you must first go to Settings->About phone->Software Information and find the option "Build number"

0 Likes
guimmp
Journeyman
Options

Tell if you did it and if you could get to find the string in SetEdit. You should be able to see and edit. Also, you'll likely have to download SetEdit feature pack from Play Store or from an internet browser, close SetEdit and open it again just after you've installed the feature pack.

To be honest, I've done this all and rebooted my phone. It's likely had no effect at all. My phone keeps receiving software update requests.

0 Likes
Coolpixs4
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20230831-144552_Settings.jpg

No way, we have to live with it...

It is a trigger set on the system data root...even without an internet connection it's still a pop-up

0 Likes