Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Android 12/ One UI 4.0 installed on S21 Ultra 5G but apps are crashing!

(Topic created on: 18-11-2021 06:28 PM)
RajC
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, i've just installed the official release of the Samsung One UI 4.0 but now some of the apps are crashing when they open or revert to the background immediately after they start.

I've disabled/uninstalled the Webview app which is commonly stated as a solution for those using the Beta release but this has not resolved the problems.

Is there going to be a stable update released soon?

I'm considering doing a full factory reset/data erase...

Raj

19 REPLIES 19
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could try wiping the phones cache partition. Sometimes a factory reset does help after a big os update.
RajC
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the pointer.
I've cleared the cache partition and it made no difference.
I think I'll probably try the full reset...
Raj
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Mines doing the same. Open an app and it immediately backs out and I have to open it a 2nd time for it to work and stay open.
RajC
Apprentice
Options
In my case the apps never remain open.
Outlook is the main issue with this. Other apps also do the same.
Stuie
Navigator
Options
Do you have the good guardians app installed on your phone? If not download it from the galaxy store and use the galaxy app booster as well as clearing the cache partion after each update it will help your phone and apps run better
0 Likes
banjoboy96
Journeyman
Options

Having the same issue on my S21 5G - apps like Outlook, Google Maps, BBC News and even sometimes the Google app are crashing. I've tried clearing cache/data or reinstalling these apps, clearing the cache partition on my phone and using the app booster but none of this has helped. I would really hate to have to factory reset my phone, especially if I can't be sure that the problem won't return afterwards! I'm also guessing if I backed up my phone, reset it and restored from the backup, this wouldn't be much help?

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Think I'm going to try a factory reset. Going to be a pain in the ***** as I have a lot of stuff to back up but it may fix some issues.
Baridon
Voyager
Options
I would advise you not to wipe your phone just yet. The developers of these apps need to update their apps to work properly on one UI 4.0.
0 Likes
Members_geoIRLO
Apprentice
Options

Same here, after the update Outlook crashes each time. BBC news crashes but sometimes works same with other apps including Google own apps and widgets like the search widget. Cleared cache etc seems like some new setting in the update is causing these apps to crash a permission or something. Not sure what to do, I am surprised such a big bug got through beta testing (whether on update side or Apps side). Annoying!