Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone issue S21 ultra

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 11:12 PM)
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Hi all.. Other people I talk to are saying my voice is muffled and quiet . The problem only occurs when I talk when the phone is to my ear. Speakerphone is fine and people can hear me no issues . It's just been a problem for the last few days. If I leave myself a voicemail to test, it sounds terrible. Any ideas please? 
14 REPLIES 14
annaamarieexx
Journeyman
Options
I have the S 21 Ultra & I have the same issue My Partner has the 21 + and he also has the same Issue, to the Point Where either him or the Other person refuse to talk on the phone
0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
How long have you had the problem?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I take it that you have tried the obvious reasons for this by using a soft nozzle on your vacuum cleaner and sucking all the debris from the small openings slots etc on the bottom edge of your phone ?
annaamarieexx
Journeyman
Options
Since I got the phone about 2/3 months ago
ospao943
First Poster
Options

I am using microphones there and the device looks very comfortable to me I don't know what type of issue you are facing here.

0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
The one I described 😂😂
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
I have indeed thank you
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Motty2012: If you have a case or cover on the phone, please try removing it to see if this helps. If not, or if this isn't applicable, then head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Mic, and follow the on screen instructions. Are you able to hear yourself clearly in the playback? Similarly, head over to your dial pad and type in *#0283#, then select “Start: RCV_1stMic” and speak into your phone like you’re on a call. Can you hear yourself talk? 

Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Andrew thanks for the reply. I've done all the diagnostics and it's muffled on Mic 1. I've booked a service call now.. They are planning to replace the charging port. Do you know if this is right? My understanding is the bottom Mic is on the same board.