Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

issue with wired headphones s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 08:53 AM)
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
Has anyone used wired headphones with their s21 ultra? Because I can't get them to work at all. 
I have a headphone jack to usb c converter and I've tried both with my car's AUX and on some headphones with multiple different adapters, but I keep getting a message on screen saying the accessory isn't supported, and so the music won't play through them. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
I managed to sort it! if anyone else has this issue I had to purchase a usb c adapter that has a DAC chip

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I had this issue with a note 10+. I was using a head phone jack to usb c adapter that came with a Huawei tablet. It turned out I had to buy Samsung's own head phone jack to USB c adapter.
Solution
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
I managed to sort it! if anyone else has this issue I had to purchase a usb c adapter that has a DAC chip
Tubs413
Student
Options

I bought an adpater that has a DAC chip in it.  It was working great for a while but recently it stopped working.  has there been an update from Samsung that would have made it stop working?

Zambazamz
First Poster
Options

I struggled with getting it to work in my car, but I found that by going into the developer options and disabling USB audio routing to solve my problem.

https://community.hihonor.com/unitedkingdom/topicdetail/Tips-Tricks-What-is-the-purpose-of-Disable-U....

whisper111
Student
Options

Thank you.👍 Samsung is idiotic with there "non system standards". 😡😡😡

0 Likes
whisper111
Student
Options

Its really really really stupid from Samsung to do this, and not using standard options. 😠😠

0 Likes
reting1111
First Poster
Options

Can't they just fix it in an update? Because what's the f*cking use of a port if i can't play music? Or just bring back the headphone jack, if Samsung's numbnuts can't get the USB-C port to work.

aidyboi
First Poster
Options
Everytime I connect my aux cable into my stereo it won't play saysformat not supported anyone know why?
0 Likes
Mr-X
First Poster
Options
It's the same with all these companies they change the design make you buy more equipment only to find it doesn't work anyway ... as some say why why why change the things that do work like 3.5 Jack's making more money from your customers isn't doing you any favours infact in studies I've read it's more harmful as customers leave the brand ... you make enough on the phone why not just put an adapter in the box only cost a penny or 2 ...
0 Likes