Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Driving Mode / Do Not Disturb....

(Topic created on: 26-09-2021 11:34 AM)
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Hey , thanks for reading on.
My S21 Ultra 5G is putting itself into Driving Mode and Do Not Disturb Mode randomly.... 
I have deleted any and all schedules ( I have not installed any ) and turned off the Driving Mode through the Do Not Disturb toggle- details and in Google Maps. I've even deleted the Walk Mode app from my device but this still continues . This also stops me listening through my Galaxy Buds Pro until I have to turn off the Do Not Disturb Mode. ... any suggestions would be great, thanks all
Best wishes as always 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mahesh17
Apprentice
Options

Answer is in Google settings

1 Open settings

2 click on Google

3 click on personnel safety

4 turn off " silence notification       while"

Hope this will help u all

View solution in context

Solution
Eric-b
First Poster
Options

Not sure if you have solved the problem. I had the same issue. 

Went to

app

Special access

Notification  access

Andrion auto

I turned that off  and forced stop. Been 2 days and it going to do not disturb.  I also disabled notifications on maps and google many times which didn't work untill i did this

Hope this help

Also i did the same as one of the other post  when setting up the phone l selected  it was something like  driving mode or something like that. Should have paid more attention. 

View solution in context

43 REPLIES 43
AndrewL
Options

@Arabianstar: Can you try heading to Settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines to see if you have any routines set up that might activate these settings? If not, restart your S21 in Safe Mode and monitor the performance, depending on the frequency of the issue. This will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source.

Safe Mode: Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode > With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off

If you find that it no longer enabled Do Not Disturb and Driving Mode automatically, then restart your phone as you would normally and delete any recently installed apps. 

0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Hey listen thanks for your valued time and assistance with this issue as its driving me crazy. I shall do as you say word for word and get back to you with any and or fresh updates as soon as I have completed your instructions.
Thanks again I appreciate it....
Kind regards @ AndrewL
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
@ AndrewL
Here for you is my first updates In. So starting in Settings >Advanced Features .... I can confirm that I have NO bixby routines installed and therefore none to delete. I not like like Bixby and I never ever use it and I also, after I also checked the Driving Mode toggle in Settings >Do not Disturb > Driving Mode is set to off and any routines in this Settings are also not installed therefore I have none available to be deleted.....
Part 2 .... Safe Mode .... update is coming soon....
Thank you
@Arabianstar ....
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Mornin 😊
There you go it's done it again..... does this help?@AndrewL Screenshot_20210928-041532_Settings_45800.jpg
0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Arabianstar: It may be the case that your phone is connecting automatically with your car when its in Bluetooth range, which is enabling Driving Mode and, with it, Do Not Disturb. If you disable Bluetooth, does the issue persist? 

0 Likes
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Hey AndrewL ,
The thing is that I don't have a car.... it does however, only happen when my Bluetooth is enabled. Slowly but surely we're getting to the bottom of this.... thank you again.
Notar Horatiu
Apprentice
Options

Hi, i have the same problem, i do not own any car, bluetooth devices like buds, TV's or anything like that. Exactly how Arabianstar described it, it turns on randomly, and it acutally did this exactly now! just a minute ago. This has been going on since i got my 21 Ultra, but recently has been much more common and not only when i was on a vehicle but when i was running too! ( possibly the accelerometer is decetcting more than 10km/h or something? ). I have searched everywhere and it's driving me crazy over these last days...

Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
Hey thanks for sharing .... please could you send an error report within 15 mins of your incident it would be a huge help thank you @ Notar Horatiu I'll update you as soon as I get any fix/ resolution .
You see @ AndrewL its not just me .. thank you @ Noctar Horatiu
0 Likes