Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera app

(Topic created on: 23-09-2023 06:40 PM)
Chrissheppy69
Explorer
Options
Hi Guys, wonder if you can help, was doing a bit of a clean up on apps and noticed my camera app is 1.59gb in size, done cache and data but still returns to the same size, any ideas ?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DKZIE
Navigator
Options
That is a huge amount of data .... I have attached a screenshot of my s23 ultra on one ui6 beta. I would look at backing up your phone, backing up your pictures. It may be down to where your photos are being stored.Screenshot_20230923_183112_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Chrissheppy69
Explorer
Options
My photos go into the gallery.
0 Likes
DKZIE
Navigator
Options
I had hoped that by now someone with the same model and similar problem would have offered some help. I would try to contact samsung about this as to me this doesn't seem normal
. Sorry I can't help apart from considering a full factory reset., but if you are not experiencing any problems with the app and your phone still has memory available you should probably wait and see if someone else can assist you. Sorry I'm not much help but I hope you get this sorted....
AndrewL
Options

@Chrissheppy69: Please can you try opening the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top left > Scroll to the bottom of the Settings menu > Reset settings > Reset > About Camera, then check for any available updates from here that might address the issue. I also recommend restarting your Galaxy S21 to resolve any temporary software problems that might be a contributing factor. 

0 Likes
Chrissheppy69
Explorer
Options
Hi Andrew, I've done all that and also uninstall camera assistant and its still 1.59gb, any other ideas ?
0 Likes
TG2000
Apprentice
Options

FIXED solution.  My Galaxy  camera app consumed 4.8GB. it keep increasing for every photos which are edited.  If we delete data storage of the Camera app, it will reappear back , they cannot delete. After update software from Android 13 to 14, The settings  -> Battery & device care -> Storage -> it show the option to delete THE INVISIBLE Backup, after complete this option, the Camera app data storage will be reclaimed into MB.

0 Likes