Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 11:18 AM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
Mt3691
Apprentice
Options

After this I never going to buy Samsung again 

Manoharanunni
First Poster
Options

Am also have the same issue

But solved with some settings

Settings

Connection

Mobile network

Volte calls - Sim one - Off

Yes that's working

Ben White
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately on T-Mobile phones, this option is not available...

VoLTE settings

VoLTE is enabled by default on this device, but the settings are not able to be changed.

0 Likes
Ben White
Apprentice
Options

This app let me access the hidden settings on my phone to disable the VoLTE feature.

Samsung Band Selection

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ray.samsungbandselection

• Click "More network Settings"
  • Select your sim
  • Toggle the VoLTE option to off
  • Restart phone

Hopefully that resolved the issues!

0 Likes
paul85
First Poster
Options

My wife been having the same problem we both got same phone same network mine works but not her. Started about 1 week ago 

0 Likes
paul85
First Poster
Options

This havent worked on my wife phone its mad both got the same phones s21+ both on the same network mine works fine but hir

0 Likes
Members_JmfkH0y
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same issue since I first got the phone in March. It is incredibly annoying.

Sometimes I can get through an entire half an hour chat. Other times I get two minutes and then they can't hear me at all. It is a massive issue when you're in the middle of something genuinely important like Internet banking password resetting or trying to confirm your identity for insurance. 

I can't believe there isn't a quick fix for this yet - it's absolutely ridiculous!

Sort it out Samsung.

0 Likes
shailesh
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Purchased it in march 21 and since then i have issues - 1) many times the call cannot connect. 2) people complain that they had called and i was not reachable. 3) kept my old one plus 5 and s 21 side by side and watch online news/videos - s21 keeps buffering many times and one plus does not. 4) same problem of #3 when in wifi too.  5) when i try to take back up or reinstall whatsapp s 21 taken more then 2-3 times than the time required for one plus when on wifi and the backup doesnt get completed on mobile data. 

I switched my old phone and s 21 for more than 10 times and made sure that its s 21 problem and not network or wifi. 

Contacted Samsung and they told me to do a lot of things like taken new sim, replace old sim, compare, compare at different locations. did all that but too the same problems. so they asked to give it to their service enter and in a weeks time they say they used the phone and there is no problem. 

I am repenting for taking a samsung phone. and moreover to get the issues resolved is so frustrating and time consuming. wasted time and money. 

Am6a
First Poster
Options
Same issues here.
0 Likes
Ben White
Apprentice
Options

Disabling the VoLTE feature had definitely resolved the issues.

Thanks Manoharanunni for the find!