Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 OneUI 4.0 update failing at 25% of install

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 06:04 PM)
XP12
Student
Options

Hello,

I have tried 3 times to install the current update and it fails by 25% and reboots on the previous version.

Anyone having a clue on what could create that problem?

My wife exact same phone (Samsung S21 Ultra 5G) was able to install it without a problem.

We are in Germany.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support

Kind regards

Xavier

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
vatansworld
Student
Options

Same thing happening with my Galaxy A52S 5G. I am from India. Creating problem after installation of updated firmware.  

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @XP12 

Do you have enough internal storage fo the update to complete ?

If you have an clearing the ram on the phone then use Wi-Fi connection or mobile data to carry out the update,  if you have enough mobile data allowance and ensure your phone is charged up.

You could also try Samsung Smartswitch to carry out the update.

Sometimes Samsungs Server's can crash causing issues.

However if this continues then I'm sure a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store can help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Updates require a certain about of battery on the phone. Try keeping it on charger or atleast more than 40% of battery before updating.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@XP12: If you are unable to complete the update over the air via Settings > Software Update, then you may wish to try using Smart Switch on your home computer. To begin with, please follow the link below, click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On MY PC or Mac' and download the relevant version.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once downloaded, open Smart Switch, connect your Galaxy S21 using your USB cable, and look for an update option on the landing page, next to your device details. 

DartVeiga
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra and I am having exact same issue. I have 56% of disk available (512GB disk). The update is downloaded fine, there's nothing to do with WIFI.

After downloaded, I click to apply the update, phone reboot and starts installing. Rapidly it reaches 25% and then it give me an yellow triangle with exclamation point = ERROR.

Then it reboots and a notification comes up saying Update Failed.

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

@DartVeiga Have you tried installing the update using Samsung Smart Switch? 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
DartVeiga
First Poster
Options

I'm trying, but after installing, it showed a Software Update Available. I clicked to apply, but ir got stuck at a dialog saying 

"Configuring software update environment... Please do not disconnect the cable from the PC."

It has passed 3 hours since it stated. Nothing is happening on my phone. Phone Smart Switch says: Connected to your computer.

I have some Samsung apps disabled, may it be the cause? Phone is NOT rooted though.

18.01.2022_15.01.44_REC.png

0 Likes
frnckdsrt
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue here with A52S, any solution found ?

0 Likes
DartVeiga
First Poster
Options

After my patience ended I manually downloaded the update and applied it with ODIN. But you loose all your data doing the update this way (factory reset).

0 Likes