Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my 5G?

(Topic created on: 25-12-2021 02:00 PM)
Rizzle
First Poster
Options
Bought Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G.
I wanted this phone mostly because of the 5G. However I still don't have 5G. I tried everything to enable it but apparently my phone just does not have it. I feel scammed.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

What is 5G and how do I use it?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-5g-and-how-do-i-use-it/
KEVIN50
Explorer
Options
You need 5G network near you.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
And a 5g sim
Rizzle
First Poster
Options
Which part of the sentence " I tried everything" you guys didn't understood? Obviously I have a 5G sim and I am in a 5G area. My phone just doesn't seem to have it. Samsung gave me the wrong phone it seems.
0 Likes
Dovit
Explorer
Options
See of your just going to be cheeky when people try to help...don't expect any help in the future...manners cost nothing..
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Everyone on here has "tried everything" when in fact they haven't. You now say you have the wrong phone which is a basic requisite. I assumed you wouldn't be so dumb to try to get 5G on a non 5g phone. If I'd asked this you probably would have thrown another hissy fit.

Best of luck, I've better things to do with my holiday time than waste it on you.
KEVIN50
Explorer
Options
You can check you phone's model number...be a starting point to confirm whether you actually have a 5G Model..
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just because you are in a 5G area, doesn't mean you will get a 5G reception.
The way 5G works is you need to be in more or less direct field of view.
Being inside a building will probably block the 5G signal as well.
I'm carrying three different 5G phones on different networks around, and non of them will have a constant 5G signal
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rizzle: If you head to Settings > About Phone, do you have the SM-G781B 5G model? If so, please go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Network > Network Mode > 5G/4G/3G/2G (auto connect) to ensure that you're able to connect to the strongest available mobile data signal in your area. 

0 Likes