Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

(Topic created on: 30-03-2021 04:59 AM)
ben8998
Pioneer
Options
Hello I currently have a s20 plus and been thinking of upgrading to the s21 ultra. 
My question is, is it really worth upgrading to? 
Or should I upgrade to another brand ie iPhone, Huawei or oppo etc? 

Thanks ben
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
cheekybaldy
First Poster
Options
Im personally disappointed with the S20 from the S9. My screen scratches so easily, & yes I shouldve protected it. But I've never protected one yet & been ok. My Google Maps hasn't worked yet, since getting the S20. Just a blank screen with the blue 'my location' dot. So a little nervous of continuing the Samsung route.
0 Likes
Podcasts101
Explorer
Options
For this year, having tried out both the iPhone 12 and the s21 I feel like the iPhone is taking the lead this year
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I can't say it's ever worth it to upgrade to the next model. I always skip a generation (between the flagship S or Note models), you'll get the big differences and features around every couple of yrs.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I currently have the S20 Plus and I wouldn't upgrade due to the lack of an SD Card Slot because that is neccessary for me (don't ask why please). I also wouldn't upgrade due to the amount of issues that people have come across with the S21 Series so yeah.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @ben8998 

It's a personal preference on when it's time to upgrade to another model of phone.

It also depends if your current phone is showing signs of wear and tear , isn't performing as it used to do even after clearing the system cache files and things you don't use along with a factory reset if necessary.

Some people just want the next new one which is fine.

The Samsung Galaxy s21 certainly has impressive specs, a good camera , the newest software updates etc ,and the phantom black colour is awesome.

Yes it does not have Sd card support but that can be circumvented via online vaults and there is a plug in that can act as a storage facility.

There are lots of comparison information on tech sites and on YouTube.

Usually I'd also suggest to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Network Highstreet Store to have hands on with a working demo model but most are closed due to various region lockdown rules.

Perhaps a friend , family member or work colleagues have one you could look at.

In regards to choosing a non Samsung phone then again check out tech sites and YouTube and Google search for forums to read posts from owners of the phone's your interested on.

Then there's disposable income if buying sim free or what a network offers via upgrading.

Perhaps create a shortlist of phone's that have caught your attention and start to whittle them down.

In most regions the Samsung Galaxy s20 and s21 comes with a pre fitted screen protector that should ensure no scratches affect the phone.

Personally I remove these plastic versions and apply the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

Enjoy your journey.   :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MateuzsDev
Journeyman
Options
No dont upgrade just wait for the s22 or s23!!!
0 Likes
N1kk1
Student
Options
I've upgraded from the s10 to the s21 and I think it's the worst phone I've ever had. It randomly crashes at 8 weeks old it's already been back to Samsung, but obviously there's nothing wrong with and it's had 3 factory resets so far.
I've had Samsung phones for over 10 years and loved them all, but it only takes one bad experience to make you switch brands.
My partner has the latest iPhone and it p!sses all over the s21.
0 Likes