Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20FE5G Notification Issues

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 07:51 AM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I've noticed after a while for some reason I stop getting push notifications for certain apps even though they are not disabled or optimised.
The only way to resolve is usually by clearing cache and data, then setting up the app again.
At first I thought it was an issue with a particular app, but it seems it happens with quite a few.
I know it's not the app at fault as the same apps still get notifications on my Pixel 3XL and Huawei P20 Pro. It's only occurs with the Samsung S20 FE 5G.
Anyone else experience similar issues?

13 REPLIES 13
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
Yes on the s205g sm-g981b/ds I sometimes don't get notifications from Instagram and others apps when not connected to WiFi I noticed the other day
0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
I get notification dots but I've turned off sounds for twitter and Instagram because the phone is beeping all day same for email, but that's just a case of going into apps and disabling it..S21U oneui4.
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
That's totally different, the issue is the notifications stop coming and have to setup app as though just installed it by clearing data/cache or reinstalling it.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Doesn't matter if on WiFi or Mobile, I stop receiving notifications for certain apps, even though not optimised or disabled. And it's more frequent with apps that run in background as don't need constant access to them from main ui
0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
Are you using beta program if not have you tried going into the apps settings strange if you can't solve this as its a basic setting.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Not running a beta, as said only way to resolve is clear cache/data and setup again
0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
I get that but you shouldn't have to keep clearing cache to solve the problem,strange how it works fine on my note 20 and S21 ultra can't be a software issue or every Samsung phone would have same problem..
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S20 FE' and you should find what you are looking for 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@walkerx: It might be worth checking Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Background Usage Limits, to see if the affected apps are listed in Sleeping Apps or Deep Sleeping Apps, as this can delay notifications. 

0 Likes