Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra blurry 1x to 3.9x lens

(Topic created on: 25-09-2022 02:34 AM)
Dsn1
Journeyman
Options

My S20 Ultra camera is blurry from 1x to 3.9x ,the other lens are okay but I've tried every suggestion including clearing cache, rebooting, etc... Does anyone have a fix for this? 

27 REPLIES 27
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Have you tried cleaning the lens? Other thing you can do is go into the camera settings and reset to the default.

Sometimes the program can get screwed up and initialising the app helps iron out any oddities.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Have you tried the Diagnostics section found under the Support tab in this Samsung Members app?
I tried it with my S20 Ultra because of blurred pictures. After sending the diagnostic logs to them at Samsung, they told me to take my phone to the nearest Samsung service centre for repair.
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
It's the same on my Samsung galaxy s20 ultra, camera was working perfectly until the UI 4 1update , then Samsung messed up the focus
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
It's a software fault not hardware
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
I've had my s20 ultra from day it was released, and Samsung since then have released a dozen or so updates, sometimes they fix it , then the next update, its messed up. Such a powerful camera on the s20 ultra but Samsung wants it not working properly for some reason.
I installed Google camera software on my phone it worked perfectly until UI 4.1 firmware, now it can't be installed any longer , stuck with Samsung rubbish software
Dsn1
Journeyman
Options
It's been this way for over a year now, only realised how blurry it was when comparing it to my friends camera. Tried all the possible rests, reboots, clearing cache etc... And gave the lens a good cleaning but no success. Seems to be the main 108mp lens 1x to 3.9x is really poor quality
n8an
First Poster
Options

@Dsn1 wrote:

My S20 Ultra camera is blurry from 1x to 3.9x ,the other lens are okay but I've tried every suggestion including clearing cache, rebooting, etc... Does anyone have a fix for this? 

I know this sounds absurd... but open the camera app on 1x. Blurry right? Shake your phone as hard as you can for like.. 2 seconds. A rattly bit should make a sound within the camera module. Check the screen again.

TerminatorOWNZ
Explorer
Options

Copying my recent message regarding the same issue for my S20 Ultra from a similar topic here, for the visibility https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-ultra-camera-focus-issues/td-p/4163024#.Y0... and https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-ultra-camera-not-focusing-in-the-distant/t... and https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-ultra-camera-focus-problem/m-p/6113094#M34...

Hey there, keeping this thread alive, as I'm having the same main camera focusing issue. Adding my two cents on top.

I was reluctant to update to android 12 and One UI 4 for almost ten months and gave it up about three weeks ago. Since then, the main camera module has been 50/50 able to focus on objects that are far than one or two meters away. In other words, it is totally unreliable at this point. Can I have an answer if this is addressed to an engineering/developers team, and should I hope to receive the fix one day?

The Samsung phone is the heart of the whole ecosystem that consists of numerous devices (Galaxy Tab s7, watch 4 classic, galaxy watch, galaxy watch active 2, and galaxy s20 ultra). I can't believe that the lifespan of the flagship phone that I bought  Nov 26, 2020, can be so short - less than two years. 

My wife has been using (is using) the iPhone 12 pro max (+whole ecosystem) for the same period of time and frankly speaking, with every update, the iPhone is just getting more refined. I would really love to have such an attitude for the customers from the Samsung side.

Adding a few recent samples. The first one is a quick snap with the main camera (x1), the second one after realizing that it's out of focus and after giving a slight nudge:20221015_103039_resized.jpg20221015_103056_resized.jpg

Ivan TKH
Student
Options

Wow... It does sounds absurd. But it solved my blurry problem! Thanks so much for this simple and easy solution! I wonder does it means its a hardware issue.