Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 fe sim manager greyed out

(Topic created on: 30-07-2021 07:58 PM)
LudicrousTroll
Journeyman
Options
Hi all,

Just upgraded to a Samsung s20 fe and it doesn't recognise any sim cards.

All the sims work on my s10e, however in the new phone all sim card options are greyed out. There are no error messages and yes the sim is in the correct way 🙂

I have tried the following:

Restarting 
Airplane mode
Data reset
Factory reset
Reset on sim app toolkit
Inserting sim in slot 2

Currently waiting for EE to send a new sim but I'm not confident that the sim is at fault. Any ideas?

Selina
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LudicrousTroll
Journeyman
Options
Update.....

Replacement phone arrived this morning,
Inserted old sim card and poof 4g straight away. Just completed set up and the phone works! Clearly the first phone had a software/hardware issue. Glad it's now sorted though. Thanks everyone for the support 🥰

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
If the sim works in your S10e then it's nothing to do with the sim. The EE advisor should have really known this, sounds like they have fobbed you off.

After the replacement sim comes I expect it to do nothing. If you have just upgraded to the s20 FE and it's within 30 days of purchase... EE have to return it as faulty and swap it for a new device (not a refurb and not a repair). You would have to go down the channel you went so if its a EE store, try go to the same store to exchange, if it was over the phone, contact the number on the delivery note...

Sounds like there's a fault with the sim reader inside.
LudicrousTroll
Journeyman
Options
I believe it is the device but the customer service team wasn't having any of it 🤣

Currently using my old phone and eyeing up my expensive paperweight, will request an exchange tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to reply
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Yeah your hunch I'm pretty sure is right. I mean the sim works lol... don't let it go over 30 days... if that did happen then there would be no replacement for a brand new device... it would then go down the warranty repair route but you should get a new one off them.

When you get your new device make sure it is a brand new one and in a sealed box too.

If it comes in a yellow EE branded box then that's possibly a refurb phone.

I'm sure you will get it all sorted in the end.
LudicrousTroll
Journeyman
Options
Surprise surprise!

Sim has arrived and has been activated, new sim works in old phone but again not working in the new one. That's 3 EE sim cards tried now, how many more before they take it seriously? Clearly this is a hardware/software fault 🤬🤬🤬🤬
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi there @LudicrousTroll 

It does sound like it's an issue with the phone, as you've tried quite a few steps but issue persists. If it is within the cooling period, I'd advise getting in touch with EE again for an exchange or refund. 

Another option is to get this inspected by a Samsung engineer. To arrange this, please reach out to the Customer Support Team on Facebook Messenger or Twitter DMs, or give them a call on 0333 0000 333.

0 Likes
LudicrousTroll
Journeyman
Options
Just called EE again.....pleased to say they have agreed a brand new swap and the phone should arrive tomorrow. Glad that it's finally getting sorted. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment 🥰
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Glad you're getting it sorted. With it being within 30 days I personally would have been angry if they requested it to go to Samsung for a repair or check. You're entitled to a brand new and sealed phone... sometimes people just like to pick a easy solution..... a easy solution that is the wrong solution.

Let's just hope this new phone works lol.
Solution
LudicrousTroll
Journeyman
Options
Update.....

Replacement phone arrived this morning,
Inserted old sim card and poof 4g straight away. Just completed set up and the phone works! Clearly the first phone had a software/hardware issue. Glad it's now sorted though. Thanks everyone for the support 🥰