Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 FE not playing .wma files

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 02:57 PM)
Degsy666
Apprentice
Options
I raised this issue with Helbert of online support yesterday, and he suggested that I also post it here.
I have a brand new S20 FE, updated with the latest software, and am in the process of transferring the apps from my old S7.
I have a large music collection, in several formats, and was disappointed to find that the .wma files would not play on the Samsung Music app - they just scroll rapidly through the titles without any sound at all.
This issue seems to have also been logged by the S21 Community, and the Samsung response was that WMA is no longer supported by Samsung, and to try a 3rd party app (not specified).
To cut a long story short, I have found that .wma's will play on Rocket Player.
I am not totally satisfied with this, as Samsung Music is my preferred app, that I have been using for many years.
Can someone please explain why .wma is not supported, and if it will in the near future?
#wma, #S20, #SamsungMusic
0 Likes
Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
Scootking
First Poster
Options

I have the 20fe and Samsung music plays wma files with no problems.

Now I just got Samsung z fold 5, and I'm having the same problem with wma files. I was told the same thing about mp4 or mpeg conversion or load different music app.

I checked the version of the Samsung music app ITS THE SAME! (Version 16.2.34.0)

How can it be the same version and work & on work?

There must be a setting or something we are missing 

0 Likes
Ajay-A
Community Manager
Options

Good afternoon @Scootking ,

Thank you for your message.

In the past, Galaxy phones supported WMA files, but now they do not.

In the Appstore there you can find third party apps, although I have to mention that Samsung is not responsible for those apps.

With kind regards,

Ajay

Community-moderators-signature-jan24-reveal-800x200
0 Likes