Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 10:30 AM)
JoaoFer
First Poster
Options
I'm on a S20 Ultra and after updating to A12, I've noticed way more problems with the phone. 
For one, restarting. I'm not sure why but now my phone randomly restarts itself either when I'm turning the flashlight on, changing volume, or opening an app, regardless of battery power.
I've noticed a lot of issues with other apps not responding as well as they used to, for example sound not coming through on some apps, or generally poor device performance when opening an app.
18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JoaoFer 

I experienced an issue with the Samsung Keyboard but everything else was fine.

What is suggeted is to ......

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ebb54
Explorer
Options
Hi I to have experienced problems with the new update and I regret doing the update. I really held out for so long not to update. My phone now a52 5g is worse off now when on the phone I can't do anything else on it until call finishes. A game I like to play is out of proportion am not really impressed with this update has its messed everything up
Howgen
Apprentice
Options

I encountered similar problem too, I think its the firmware issue, I did all of the suggested actions (wipe cache, etc.) but the problem is still there. The only thing I haven't tried is Factory Reset. I read from previous thread, factory reset also didn't do any good, so I think all we can do now is waiting for the update. I am still waiting for the February update.

LeeNPix
First Poster
Options

I wouldn't hold your hopes up. I've just applied a Feb update post the Android 12 upgrade a week ago and still the same rebooting issues.  although not rebooting 6 times a day, maybe 4 now!

Vadish
First Poster
Options

Same problems as you described, my phone also glitches, freezes and random restarts. I noticed this not in the particular app, everything is affected. I can open a camera and phone retsarts, changing brightness and phone freezes for a sudden. Looks like throatelling ram issue. Even installing app from google play became an issue recently. 

Members_yAlrNAT
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with my phone randomly restarting multiple times per day and the battery performance is around 40% worse than it was before ONE UI 4. Sad to hear the february update did nothing to fix this. I can't understand how Samsung can roll out an update like this.

Howgen
Apprentice
Options

Exactly, I didn't expect Samsung to release this kind of update. Usually, they are really stable, but right now, I am super pissed using this kind of bugged phone. And the frequency of the update is super slow compared to other google OS phones.  I think they too focus on optimizing it for S22.

Noble Eagle
First Poster
Options

Similar Issue.  I downloaded the Android 12 software update on both of my Galaxy S20+5G phones and on both of them you cannot shut off the screen.  I took them to my service provider, and despite several efforts by tech support, they were unable to resolve the issue.  Eventually, they replaced my two phones and I told them that under no circumstances will I download that UI 4 Android update.

Mitts
First Poster
Options

The same thing has been happening to my s10 my games keep crashing so i can't even play them and I just got it a week ago

0 Likes