Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality on all new bluetooth headphones S20

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 09:11 AM)
eclear
First Poster
Options

I'm having an issue with my S20 where all new bluetooth over-ear headphones have really poor quality.

I've tested out every brand I could find - Sony, Bose, Sennheiser, etc. I've followed all the troubleshooting guides I could find on the internet (switching to LDAC, various developer settings adjustments, using the headphones dedicated app to change EQ and settings, etc) and still no change. Usually the bass is pretty decent, but the sound is very tinny in every brand and model that I've tried. Changing the EQ doesn't do much to improve it in any case either.

I tried the same pair of Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones on my S20 and an iPhone X, and the sound from the iPhone X was noticeably better than the S20. I have no issue with my existing bluetooth products - Jabra 65t earbuds and Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker. 

I'm desperate to have a pair of over-ear headphones for long-distance travelling. Is there anything I can do? I feel like I've searched everywhere for an answer!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I commute everyday so I appreciate how precious having good listening experiences while listening to tunes / podcasts etc @eclear 

I'm not using the same Samsung phone as you. [ see my signature below ]

I use Samsung Buds Live  / Samsung Buds Pro / Apple Pods Pro and Bose Wireless Headphones I purchased a few years ago, and these sound fine to me.

I do however appreciate we all hear differently, and I'm in no way any sort of audiophile.

Hi, mids, lows etc seem fine to me.

There is a setting in the phone where you can set a custom setting that may help c you called Adapt Sound in the Sounds settings.

I see if you pair up your chosen Headphones to another device they sound different ! Interesting  🤔

I'm sorry I can't offer you a definitive answer.

I know some Highstreet stores have Headphones on display such as PC World / Currys where you can link your own phone to test them out before purchasing. [ They did last time i visited 

Perhaps try that route.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Aidos98
First Poster
Options

I have this exact same problem and I'm wondering if you ever found a solution. I've got the s20 note ultra and have just bought a pair of bose over ear QC 45's. While listening in the shop they sounded fantastic, as soon as i paired them to my phone, pure garbage. Highs are harsh, lows are weak, mids are weird and kind of empty and vocals are thin. Linking it to my computer has produced much better results (still strangely not quite as good as in the store demonstration). I've tried every online solution i can find and all the ones you've mentioned above. Is there something I'm missing here?  Or is the bluetooth module in modern samsung phones just terrible?

0 Likes