Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Phone screen turns off at night.

(Topic created on: 02-03-2024 01:03 PM)
Niriun
Student
Options

I am having a problem with my galaxy s20 in which the phone display will go completely black at around 10pm.
I have verified that the phone is working, as it rings when called and I can answer the call by swiping in the correct position on the screen but the display remains off. 

I thought it may have been related to a sleep schedule setting however after disabling that the problem persists.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Niriun
Student
Options

Wiping the cache partition seems to have remedied the issue. FYI the article you linked does not mention that you must have the phone physically connected to a computer in order to access the android recovery menu.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition first

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

Make sure you haven't got a battery saving mode/routine that kicks in at around that time. Also check you haven't set an auto restart of the phone. Look in Device Care>Auto optimisation>Auto restart.
Does your screen wake-up again at any ( or the same) time each day? Or do you have to restart the phone to fix it?
Niriun
Student
Options

I have wiped the cache partition, waiting to see if the error persists tonight.

I'm not sure what time exactly the display turns back on but I know that it definitely turns off at 10pm. It's such a weird issue as the touch screen and phone are otherwise functional, just no display.

I have checked for routines and all have been turned off. I thought the issue could have been with the eye comfort shield but that turned out not to be the issue either.

0 Likes
Solution
Niriun
Student
Options

Wiping the cache partition seems to have remedied the issue. FYI the article you linked does not mention that you must have the phone physically connected to a computer in order to access the android recovery menu.