Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications missing

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 08:33 AM)
Aminah
Journeyman
Options
Yesterday I received the one UI 5 android 13 update and every since I've noticed my notifications go missing. The notifications come through but they don't show up in the notification tray or in the status bar at the top. I then have to restart my phone and it works for a few hours and then the same same thing happens again until I restart my phone. 

This is affecting all notifications, not just notifications from downloaded app. I have also noticed it with system notifications such as charging status ect

This is not at all practical. 

Is there a fix for this????
18 REPLIES 18
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
This is happening to a few of us now. Is it certain notifications or all of them?
0 Likes
Aminah
Journeyman
Options
All notifications. Only noticed it happened again this morning because when I plugged my charger in I didn't get the notification to tell me how long it would take to charge.

So it's affecting system notifications too
0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
A few of us are experiencing this but only certain app notifications are not coming through. Check app notifications and check there all on, I've been through all my settings and all okay just not receiving notifications and some not even waking the screen either.

It's definitely something to do with the update, I reset my phone and made no difference. Have you done an error report?
Aminah
Journeyman
Options
All my app notifications are on. So nothing to do with that. Seems to be working fine at the moment but not sure what triggers the problem. Not done an error report for it yet
0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
I only noticed few days after I did the update, an app was temperamental then all of a sudden just stopped sending me notifications and waking the screen. I've tried everything and still doesn't work. Even turning phone on and off etc nothing.

I was advised to do an error report so they could look into it. They said they would pass it on and get back to me.
0 Likes
Aminah
Journeyman
Options
No, my problem is slightly different. It seems like it's more of a problem with the display of notifications in the app tray. The notifications were still popping up as a pop up notification (on the odd occasion I had my phone in my hand ) and noticed it come through but as soon as the pop up disappeared there was no notification to be seen in the status bar or tray.

I'm going to see tomorrow morning if it stops working again and if it does then I'll do the error report.
0 Likes
Daimytron
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem. Already talked to Amber about it. 

Don't know what to do. 😥😥

0 Likes
Aminah
Journeyman
Options
I found the root of the problem and have issued an error report with the developers.

The issue seems to be when using lock down mode. Once unlocking the device the phone doesn't register to disable lockdown mode and notifications remain hidden from view.

Quick fix is to stop using lockdown mode until a new software update is available with the fix
Daimytron
Explorer
Options

Ahh okay. *****. Hate this new update. But thanks a lot for sharing. 😊 Then it is just the problem with my lockscreen not waking up when I receive a text message. Hope a new update soon will fix that too.