Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving messages

(Topic created on: 19-01-2023 01:17 PM)
Danyalw26
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, 

I've been having problems with recieving messages on third party messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Discord. I will not recieve any messages or notifications until I open the app, and I'm not sure why. I've tried unintsalling and reinstalling and I've even reset all my phones settings to default just in case I messed with notification setting by accident. Nothing seems to be fixing it.
If anyone knows how I may be able to fix this, that would be great!

Thank you!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Could try turning off notifications, give the phone a reboot. Then once your phone has rebooted back up turn notifications back on. Hope it works.
Danyalw26
Journeyman
Options
thank you, I'll try it and let yk if it works!
Danyalw26
Journeyman
Options
Hi there, I tried it but unfortunately it didn't work. Thank you for the suggestion though, if there are any other ideas, I'm open to hear them.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you wiped phone's cache partition and repair apps. Worth a try see if that fixes. You will need to plug up to a pc or use USB-C headphones. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/whats-point-clearing-cache-data-android/#:~:text=Turn%20your%20Android....
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Are your phone and the apps running on its latest version? If not, then update them first and then check whether it worked or not.

Danyalw26
Journeyman
Options
I spoke to Samsung chat, and they also recommended this, I'll try and hopefully it works. if not, I'll probably do a factory reset as I've exhausted every option.
Thank you!
Danyalw26
Journeyman
Options
I finally found a fix for this problem. If anyone else has the same problem, go into:
WiFi settings > IP settings, and change from DHCP to STATIC > and change DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS 2 to 8.8.4.4
0 Likes