Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 07:46 PM)
N9brainer
Apprentice
Options
I currently own a Galaxy s20 and suddenly the NFC will not work when trying to contact less pay for goods. The app opens correctly and when trying to pay pulses like it should but does nothing when held against the reader. So What I've notices in the pull-down menu when trying to toggle off and on the icon is shaded rather than bright and I cannot tolle off or on ( nothing happens when pressed) When I hold the icon it takes to the app screen and still cannot turn it off. I've cleared cache and data with no luck. Last resort I factory reset the device and this worked. I could use NFC and toggle it off and on until today the original problem above has occurred . Please help.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
First thing you can do, is go to support at the bottom of the members app. Go to diagnostics View test. Do the test for your NFC to see if it shows any faults.
0 Likes
N9brainer
Apprentice
Options
No faults detected. States its normal.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you tried a reboot on the phone. Or wiping cache partition?
N9brainer
Apprentice
Options
Yes I've master reset the device that temporarily solved the problem then came back. This all started after the last software update.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Then I suggest to go on support again. Report error and explain the issue. Could be a bug that needs fixing if it's happened since an update.
mehrie
First Poster
Options
NFC is greyed out since last software update. Unable to use. Tried switching off and on. Nothing
0 Likes