Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New UI 5.1 update and battery drainage

(Topic created on: 26-10-2023 07:41 AM)
JaxMax01
Apprentice
Options
Battery fast draining since new UI 5.1 update. 

My Samsung S20+ phone and Watch 5 Pro. Since the latest UI 5.1 update my phone and watch5pro batteries are draining really fast, now they are not lasting 24 hours.

I have to charge my phone twice in one day and my watch every day. The main reason for getting the watch 5 pro was that it lasted 2.5 days before charge but now since the update it is 1 day only. This is not usable. 

My UI is version 5.1, Android 13. 

Can I downgrade to the old version of UI and not be forced to upgrade until battery drainage issues are resolved.

#battery #ui5.1 #drain #watch5pro #s20+ 
3 REPLIES 3
Sully1203
Journeyman
Options
I can confirm the battery drainage on the my watch too after the new update. Why can't they just leave things that are working.
BionicDisciple
First Poster
Options

My S20 FE stopped charging completely after the update. I plugged it in before and it was charging, but shortly after the charging symbol stopped showing and it will not take a charge. I have tested the battery and it is in perfect condition. I have been able to charge to a degree with my wireless charger, but it won't fully charge and once it gets past a point it completely stops; in fact, if I don't watch it, it will go back down to about 10% while its on the charger. How does a battery go from a 2 day charge to 0 in about 6 seconds? An update. Please fix this for us. I am a faithful Samsung Galaxy user and have enjoyed my time as a customer, but this is really trying my patience.

0 Likes
JaxMax01
Apprentice
Options
Add your charging and battery issues on the Samsung X (twitter account), they have responded to my issue.

They also sent me this link

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-optimise-and-extend-the-battery-life-on-...

On Twitter go to
@samsunghelpuk
0 Likes