Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna declining upgrade request

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 01:25 PM)
GotNoJams
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've been trying to upgrade to the new S21 Ultra but I keep getting declined by Klarna. This wasn't an issue when I first applied last year, what's the point of getting into this program if I can't even upgrade? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

34 REPLIES 34
LeoXXL
Pioneer
Options
I suggest calling them and talk to them, they may be able to explain to you directly the reason. It could be just a computer error in their system.
Hayhome70
Apprentice
Options
I've just been declined as well. I've upgraded the last 2 years and it's never been a problem.
sunny2021
First Poster
Options
same issue and chat person said they cant say why and nor can they do anymore over the phone tmw as it depends on many factors, i earn 6 figures and have no debt issues or credit issues its a scam and surely misleading, especially as the new upgrade would be £2 less than what i pay klarna currently
animattion
Apprentice
Options

I am also having the exact same issue, my credit score couldn't be any better and they give me the same excuse as you guys when I question it. Was really looking forward to this new phone it looks very smart. Never mind, seems Samsung will be losing alot of customers if this keeps happening as I saw in August it was an issue with the note 20 also

ToBeOrNotToBe
Pioneer
Options

I'm also an upgrade Samsung Customer. First upgrade request crashed when thet asked for a card payment, went in again, straight decline?!? 

Credit file has two hard searches from them. 

This is the only finance I have, solid credit history. I don't get it why invite people into this program to then decline them. In hindsight Klarna are a subprime finance company and using them doesn't really look good on your credit file, so if you are not in debt then maybe you don't meet their ongoing credit criteria. 

I've dropped them a chat request via their app and the agent couldn't help me rather passed me on. Don't expect any reply. 

Effusive
Apprentice
Options

I, too, have used the Upgrade Programme for the last 2 years.

I have a perfect credit score and, mortgage aside, have no other debts. I have never, ever missed a payment, have considerably less outgoings than last year, earn more, and absolutely nothing has changed with regards to my billing address, electoral roll, job or employer etc.

Declined.

All I have to show for it now is around 8 soft searches and one hard search on my credit file.

Imtiazlcfc4life
Journeyman
Options

Exactly same issue here, it seems like a scam now, at the end of last year for the note 10 upgrade it was fine but these problems started appearing from the S20 onwards and literally no one can upgrade or join the programme now. It's messed up.

animattion
Apprentice
Options

And what are Samsung going to do about it? Absolutely nothing! The thing I'm most annoyed a out is missing out on the pre order goodies but never mind. They won't be getting any extra money off me until they show some sort of interest in this issue

Topmantaff
Apprentice
Options
had exactly same issue, system crashed then tried again , one hard and one soft credit check, after last year would have thought this would have been seamless this year