Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Overlay Issues

(Topic created on: 31-12-2021 10:41 AM)
Phil98
Apprentice
Options
On certain apps, there is an issue where the keyboard sits on top of the app(in question) where you can type but you cant see what your typing. In cintact with the app developers and they claim its a device issue(which im inclined to believe)
This issue doesnt arise with earlier versions before android 11(tested on a samsung s7 edge (android 9 or 10)
11 REPLIES 11
Khash1
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I am glad i am not the only one. This is the worst Samsung phone I've owned and I've owned all of them from S3. The amount of Apps that have this problem including Google Based Apps.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Phil98 and @Khash1 ,

would any of you be able to share some examples so we can report this to our developers? 

0 Likes
Phil98
Apprentice
Options

The white bar at the bottom of the screen (in picture 2) doesn't show when trying to type in picture 1.
I admit it doesn't happen for every app, but it is quite inconvenient.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @Phil98 . I have deleted the images as they contain usernames. If you would like to hide the keyboard while you are reading you will need to press the right button at the bottom. To re-open this press on the text box. 

0 Likes
Phil98
Apprentice
Options
I know how to hide the keyboard. My issue is that I can't see what I'm typing 😕.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Oh, I see! In this case, you may want to enable the floating keyboard. To do this you will need to tap on the three dots on the top right> Modes> Floating keyboard. To move the keyboard around the screen press and hold the bar at the bottom until you have placed this where you would like to place it. 

0 Likes
Phil98
Apprentice
Options
I've tried all this. It only started happening when I upgraded to android 10/11. I dont have this issue on the Samsung s7 only my s20 ultra.
Everything your about to suggest ive already tried. I've been through it all before. I've spoken with developers and they say it's a bug with android 10+.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

In this case, I'm sure that they will get this sorted on the next upgrade. Please do keep the phone running on the latest one. 

0 Likes
Phil98
Apprentice
Options
Will do
0 Likes