Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard issues after S20 OS August 2021 Update

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 07:52 PM)
JPSV
Journeyman
Options

Hi, my first post here.

So I installed the latest OS update today morning on my S20 FE 5G and after that I have experienced strange touch screen or keyboard issues. When ever I try to write something with my keyboard it just lags or I have severe misspellings. The keyboard frequently doesn't recognize when I press the letter or it writes the same letter two or three times. It's very frustrating!

I have read on another forum users suffering the same issues. Anybody here have same problems?

I have rebooted the phone and changed the keyboard without success. I tested a Touchscreen testing app and it shows the actual touchscreen works very well with no issues. I didn't have any problems before installing the latest update. Any ideas what to do next?

Kernel version: 4.19.113-22378117

Security patch level: Sep 1 2021.

108 REPLIES 108
MxxC
Explorer
Options

Disabling Samsung Keyboard WILL NOT FIX THIS PROBLEM.

This is not any keyboard problem.
This is screen digitizer problem that only Samsung can fix with firmware update.

Burwulf
Apprentice
Options

My data was incorrect. I think the real problem is the screen sensitivity. When I turn mine on for screen protectors it gets worse. No it won't make a difference because even tho the look of the keyboard changes its still using the same data. I'm working on a way around this rn

t0md0
Explorer
Options

Yeah.. the more I try to replicate the issue.. it does seem to be like a sensitivity issue or something. I can't duplicate the issue all the time and it does seem intermittent. I used to be able to type much faster with effortless taps. At times its like it doesn't want to register my taps. Getting a lot of typos these days.

I have always used a glass screen protector and have always had the screen sensitivity on high. Maybe I should turn it off.. I always kept it on just because I had the screen protector but I've never tried to see if actually made a difference one way or the other.

MxxC
Explorer
Options

Touch sensitivity setting not going to make any difference. Nor will taking off screen protector.

It feels like touch screen controller is hanging or crashing or rebooting or something else is happening, but it just randomly stops registering inputs.

Only Samsung can release touchscreen firmware either to fix this, or at least to make things a bit better like they were before September patch.

DawidAnd
Student
Options

Just installed October patch. The problem still exists

Nlkh
Journeyman
Options

Same issue :[

Glad it's not just me

KCCC
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue and more on my Galaxy S10e aas well as my brand new Galaxy tab s7+.

Text on screens also gets all duplicated, overlapped and garbled. See attached pic.

I type in a search item, wait, and it loads, and then my browser tab completely blanks out. 

I can't type or search for anything else. I can open another tan and the same thing happens. If I'm lucky, I can close the browser and start over. If not, then restart the entire device, again and again.

I jus bought myself a new tab after years of hating my surface pro. I was so excited to go back to a Galaxy tab, and now... It's awful. I basically can't even use it. 

My phone issue seem to be more intermittent, while the tablet is constant.

Using my phone to type this, because well, the brand new tablet cannot and I've shut it down... again

Screenshot_20211025-205550_Chrome.jpg

MxxC
Explorer
Options

Your problem is different and unrelated to what S20FE phones experience.

0 Likes
Biffyg
Apprentice
Options
Any solution to this? Ive even factory reset but no joy
Biffyg
Apprentice
Options
Just come off live chat, they are going to attempt a 'doorstep repair' not sure what they think they'll repair!