Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off system auto updates

(Topic created on: 20-05-2023 02:36 AM)
confuseds20
Student
Options

Hi - I lost all my data as my S20 updated automatically. It's the system updates I can't turn off.

I only have the option of turning off Auto download over WiFi, but I want to stop the auto download completely.

Grateful for any suggestions!

6 REPLIES 6
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
You only have to turn off the Auto Download over WiFi option. If you do that, it won't download over your network unless you initiate the download and then you initiate the installation.
I never automatically download a software update. Only manually when I make sure I've a strong network or WiFi connection. Plus, having plenty of battery power too.
0 Likes
confuseds20
Student
Options

Thanks but I had the Auto Download over WiFi option off,  but it started to download as soon as I turned on the data, and very quickly wiped out my data allowance. Very odd if it shouldn't do that.  Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
Options

Turning off auto download over WiFi is no longer an option. Automatic system updates CANNOT be turned off. Period.

Thanks, Samsung..

DexterG365
First Poster
Options

Yeah it really sucks. I can't switch on my WiFi due to it

0 Likes
majpayne94
First Poster
Options

Goodbye samsung, wont see me buying another one, unless this changes.

tmphaedrus
First Poster
Options

Right there with you. Samsung has continued to update their apps (e.g. Galaxy Store, Samsung Free, Samsung Internet, etc.) even though I set it to not do that. I keep getting overridden and it will update apps anyway. It deleted several of my other apps in order to make space for the last system update. I hate that I can't even delete Netflix, the bs AR ***** I don't need or want,  I'm looking at a Google Pixel phone next because Samsung sucks now.

0 Likes