Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of secure folder locked notification permanently?

(Topic created on: 27-01-2023 11:00 AM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

After the August update, when I reboot my phone, it shows a persistent notification "Secure Folder locked" under Android system section...the only way to make it go is to unlock my secure folder.

I don't want to uninstall Secure Folder, just looking for an one time solution to get rid of that pesky notification. TIA

182 REPLIES 182
Red2379
Journeyman
Options

It's crazy that this issue has not been resolved. Back to a Google phone for me  next time. Great phones and service.  I'm amazed how poor the service is at Samsung. Nothing is easy to resolve and the customer service is close to non existent. Poor way to run a business. 

Eeker01
First Poster
Options

Upgraded from an old S9+ to a new S22+. Every...single...time... I restart the phone, this stupid and annoying notification comes up and doesn't go away until I enter my password.

Screenshot_20230106_164906_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't have any apps in my secure folder, and the little notification icon only gives me options to snooze the notification - not remove it... Ugh... Why can't I buy a phone without a manufacturer taking some draconian measure to control my experience? This is why I left iPhone behind originally - I don't need the phone manufacturer telling me how to run my device. I loved my last Galaxy and figured this one would be even better - but this one thing is really getting on my nerves. I develop apps and have to reboot my phone a lot, so yeah, this is an annoying problem to me... Anybody at Samsung give two s**ts about what their customers obviously had a problem with? The phone is well over $1000 retail, and I can't turn this notification off? Stupid... Please fix this - it's broken!

Oleg-radiokot
Apprentice
Options

I hate this!

Marty1584
Student
Options
Hi, been reading all the above posts, I take it there is no fix from samsung yet. Tried to delete the app put no joy and I can't disable it !!!
Marty1584
Student
Options
I have tried to open the secure folder but no joy, where has the reset password gone, app says login to Samsung account, done that but then what do you do ?
Members_8nRMvxX
First Poster
Options

This is such a ridiculous and annoying update. I have to unlock, then go to app to relock and close the folder to prevent displaying I have a secure folder!!!

karibug6
First Poster
Options

I have this issue with S22 Ultra. As someone pointed out, announcing a secure folder could put someone in an abusive situation'life at risk. Wtf Samsung. It's not a feature or functionality if users do not want it. It's a nuisance and you are going to see people mass migrate away from your jackass products if you don't fix this problem. Keep the secure folder secure and remove the notification.

Jerald
Explorer
Options

Before the last update somehow I got rid of this... Now after this last update, it's come right back every Reboot. This is so stupid! You want that folder hidden awesome,  who what's anyone to know about it every time I reset my phone I have to unlock the secure folder (just to stop my phone from being a snitch) so someone could see my password.  Stupid, stupid, stupid Samsung.  This notification should ONLY pop up if you have notifications enabled on secure folder apps in your secure folder!!!  Even Apple would not allow this *****. Samsung, has great hardware but your software department is trash! I have Samsung TVs, fridge,  Dishwasher, Dryer, cooktop, $5,000 + Projector... I'm sick of your hardware having crapy software that lacks in options!!! Thanks for the Ferrari.. Next time add a gas peddle to it! I'm done !!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤯

Paigecaplin
Student
Options

This reason this worked for you is because you unlocked the secure folder lol. It's always goes away when unlocking the secure folder. Not a solution. 

Red2379
Journeyman
Options

This post has been here for 6 months.

Does anyone at Samsung look at these post or even make an attempt to resolve customer issues?

Very disappointed in the customer service of Samsung.

Other companies make customer satisfaction a high priority but apparently not at Samsung. 

Time to move on to a Google phone.