20-08-2023 06:33 PM in
20-08-2023 07:17 PM in
@kpnuts87 Please close the 'Camera' app by doing the following:
1. Select the recent apps icon. Then place your finger on the app you would like to close, and swipe the app up to the top of the screen. Then open the 'Camera' app again. Has this solved your issue?
20-08-2023 08:21 PM in
@kpnuts87 Thank you for trying that. Please make sure your phone is up to date by heading to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
If it is, please perform a Soft reset of your phone by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons together for around 10 seconds. If this doesn't help, please clear the cache of the 'Camera' app by doing the following:
1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Apps.
4. Select the menu icon in the top right hand corner.
5. Select Show system apps.
6. Select the app you'd like.
7. Select Storage.
8. Select Clear cache.
Please note: this should not remove any saved game data.
20-08-2023 09:31 PM in
@kpnuts87 Some other ideas if still issues after following @AaronAJ 's advice. Have you checked your permissions to see all is ok there/ Apps-Camera-Permissions. could check the Diagnostics to see if any errors are identified. Go to Samsung Members-Support-Diagnostics-Camera.
could also try in Safe Mode: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ if works there would indicate a 3rd party app is the source of the issue.
If no resolution advisable to wipe the cache partition to clear temporary files, data is intact.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
can also repair apps via the same Recovery Menu.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .