Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green line on screen

(Topic created on: 04-05-2023 07:06 AM)
Waynet
Navigator
Options
Since the update the other day my phone has got a thin green horizontal line on my screen , now and again when unlocking the screen , deleted apps recently installed and restarted phone ,if I re-lock my phone and unlocked my phone it disappears but keeps coming back any ideas people 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Waynet: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Where on the screen is the green line situated, and is it always visible in the same location? Furthermore, is it visible while accessing all apps and features, or in a specific spot such as your Home screen? If is is disappearing and reappearing then this suggests that it is software related, therefore I recommend restarting your phone in Safe Mode, to see if the issue persists? Safe Mode disabled all third party applications, and will help to clarify if the problem is stemming from an external source. 

To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on how frequently you see the line. If it doesn't appear, then please restart your phone as you would normally, and uninstall any apps you have introduced since you first encountered the issue. 

0 Likes
Waynet
Navigator
Options
Hi Andrew the line is on the left hand side of the screen close to the edge if I lock the screen and unlock it the line disappears tested screen with the *#0*# on the phone Dial keypad and all the colours work no lines so it sounds like a software glitch
0 Likes
Waynet
Navigator
Options
Will try safe mode at home for a few hours tonight see if it shows
0 Likes
Waynet
Navigator
Options
Had my phone in safe mode for just over an hour and just unlocked my phone and the green line appeared again then disappeared after moving to my apps screen so it's not an app issue as I have deleted my most recent downloaded apps
0 Likes