Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery default sound toggle!

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 01:17 PM)
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
Hi, I have checked all over Google about this but not finding anything so I was wondering is there any way of changing the default sound setting when playing a video on gallery to play the sound straight away rather than faffing around pressing a tiny button. tia 
15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options

@Tony-h94: I have had a look into this for you, and videos played via the Gallery app will be muted by default, and will require you to tap the speaker symbol in the bottom right corner of the video to enable the audio. Once the audio has been unmuted, however, you can use the reel at the bottom of the screen to select a video, or swipe left or right, and the audio will remain in an un-muted state for each video you select. 

(1)
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
Hi Andrew, thank you for the reply. I have been annoyed with the feature since it was introduced. I was wondering if there was any way to change the setting so it is not muted by default. I wish samsung would make it an option
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Tony-h94. I've just recorded a video and played it back in my Gallery and the sound came on by default. Does this occur on videos you've recorded yourself, downloaded from elsewhere or videos that may've been moved from a different location? Are the videos saved to the internal storage or are they on an SD card? 

0 Likes
Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
Hi Carl. Thanks for the reply. It happens on every video in the gallery app, whether that be one I recorded myself, WhatsApp video etc. This isn't a new thing to me.. I was just wondering if there was any updates that allowed it to be changed back to how it used to be before the feature was brought in (played sound straight away rather than press the toggle). Doesn't matter if internal memory or on SD card
Masked Marble
Student
Options

It's so silly that Samsung is acting like big brother, but not only so, but assuming we want to watch videos without sound. We should send all Samsung execs to a silent movie and then they'll change their minds about this dumb feature. You have to enable sound, then rewind....

Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
Yes, exactly that! I'm sick of a video starting silent then having to rewind
Members_rN3xAPt
First Poster
Options

Thai is an absolute joke there's no reason for this feature now everytime a video starts it's muted why! Why is there no option to change this either stupid samsung never gives people choices, looks like I'll have to root my new note 20 & install modded firmware, samsung devices are excellent just a shame their software is going the same way as apples 

Tony-h94
Explorer
Options
It's a very annoying feature, I love absolutely everything about my phone but that one small thing gets me every time I go to play a video
Options

+1