Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 Ultra update (Android 12 one ui 4.0 PROBLEM)

(Topic created on: 02-01-2022 01:13 AM)
Azharhussain
Apprentice
Options
Hello, messaging from UK. Just updated my phone yesterday to android 12 - 4.0 and straight away I am experiencing major problems. I cannot use the top of my screen on portrait mode. It does not let me tap on search bar on whatever app I am on. So there must be an issue with the touch screen due to the new update. Furthermore, my phone seems slow on 120 refresh rate which was not like this on android 11. I have gone into boot mode and cleared cache. All my apps are up to date. Is there any solution to this update issue or do I need to just sit back & wait for Samsung to roll out an update fix? 
35 REPLIES 35
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Azharhussain 

Where did you get the Android 12 with Samsung One Ui 4 update from ?

I was under the impression this update wasn't ready yet to be pushed out by Samsung to your model of phone !

If you've downloaded the update and uploaded it into your phone from another site then that could be causing conflict.

If you've downloaded it from the phones software update section then it should be fine.

Also a person has to be careful to download the correct version for their branded or unbranded phone. i.e a phone supplied directly by Samsung or one supplied by a network. 

I appreciate you've cleared your system cache files.

Try Clear your System File Cache via the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Please also try https://www.samsung.com/uk/suppo

rt/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ disables downloaded apps, themes and other launchers to help determine if one or more is causing conflict. 

Sometimes a back up and factory reset can help after a major update if all else fails.

You can also send error reports to Samsung via your Samsung Mwmbers app.

And Yes I expect Samsung will send out updates in due .

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Azharhussain
Apprentice
Options
Hi @BandOfBrothers. I regularly check for software updates ONLY through the (software update) option on the phone settings. I was quite surprised myself that I got it but I thought nothing of it and installed it as normal.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It does appear that more and more eligible phone models are receiving the update @Azharhussain 

Do please try the self help troubleshooting tips I mentioned along with a simple soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

0 Likes
Logan04
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I didn't receive my upgrade, even it's from three network provider, can you please help? Any suggestions.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Logan04 

Your update will be sent soon I'm sure.

It's sent out in waves dependant on phone model, build and serial number and region.

Please just keep checking your phone's software update section.

Logan04
Pioneer
Options
I'm in UK, i guess it's just a slow process 😅
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Got my update 31st December with December security
Samsung galaxy s20 ultra unlocked Screenshot_20220102-165314_Software update_151877_1641142395.jpgScreenshot_20220102-165250_Software update_151875_1641142410.jpg
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I'm with three mobile aswell (S20 Ultra). I haven't received the update yet.
Logan04
Pioneer
Options
Did you tried to contact them?!
I tried but you know, the contact centre not in the UK so i couldn't get any information.
0 Likes