Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time with Galaxy and already I have issues.

(Topic created on: 23-06-2022 04:33 AM)
MaorSwan
Apprentice
Options

Hey, I bought the S20 Ultra 5G, and it seems it has issues. 

Disclaimer, I know my phones. I know how to use them, tweak them, fix them.

So first problem is that the charging speed drops. Phone is not even one week old, but it has charging issues. I charge it with the original 25W I got in the box, it says "super fast charging" (it's also enabled) but after a few seconds of charging it drops from 3700mA to 400-500 and I waited 1 hour for 20%!!! 

Second problem is battery drain at night, this phone is tweaked exactly like my previous phone (OnePlus 7t pro) that lost 3-4% at night, the S20 loses 30% at night! I have no apps working in the background, it just drains.

Also phone is getting hot very easily, sometimes to the point the screen burns my hand. 

I don't like this so far. I've had my 7t pro for over 3 years and it functions way better than a new S20 Ultra. Hope I'll get some solutions here (and please spare me the usual checklist, I've already read and done) 

5 REPLIES 5
lahoof
Voyager
Options
Your attitude is not conducive to getting help.
0 Likes
MaorSwan
Apprentice
Options

It's not about attitude. I've already Googled this issue and saw the same answers over and over again, so to save time I mention what needs to be mentioned. 

0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Heating and 30% battery drain is some app crashing or restarting constantly in the background. "Tweaking" android isn't a thing, you end up disabling some system service that some other service needs, leading to retries and heating...

Seriously, factory reset your phone, set it up like a normal person and I'll bet it'll work properly.
0 Likes
MaorSwan
Apprentice
Options

When I say tweaking I mean disabling anything that might drain the battery (syncing, always on display, touch vibrations, adaptive brightness etc) 

First hour with the phone and it already almost burned my hand. After a few updates it got better but still battery drains 20-30% at night and no app is crashing/restarting, as I said, I've changed a lot of phones in my life and it takes me one hour to make the new phone exactly the same as the old one, yet this is the first phone to drain so much battery at night. Downloaded a few battery monitoring apps but they don't provide accurate information unless you root your phone. 

0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
It's probably doing updates then if it's only new. You should know as well as I do a new phone takes days to settle in.

I've a lot of Samsung phones over the years and I've never had anything like that after the first few days of use of a new phone.
0 Likes