Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

December 29, 2020 Update Issue

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 06:34 AM)
SarahIvy
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I recently updated my Samsung s20+ when it came up on December 29th. There were no problems with the download. I usually take photos on Snapchat and save them to my device from the app. From there I transfer the photos from the Snapchat folder to my camera which has my SD card attached to it. Tonight, I was transferring my photos like normal and I noticed that they never showed up in my camera folder. I then checked since I thought it was weird, I noticed that all my pictures after July 2020 are completely gone. What is really weird is if I take a picture, it shows up in my camera folder and then disappears when you reopen the application. If I move a photo from a different folder to the camera folder, the little icon on the top says "new" in it but the photo is nowhere to be found. I have tried everything I could from what I read on the internet and I can't fix the problem and I don't know what to do, I have lost months of pictures and I have learned my lesson of not backing them up.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ess_M
Apprentice
Options

Go to my files, click the 3 dots on the top right > settings > show hidden files. Once done search for .nomedia and delete all the files that appear and reboot your device this is a potential fix for issues similar to this. 

0 Likes
SarahIvy
Apprentice
Options

I did that, and nothing showed up. I also unmounted my SD card, restarted my phone, and than mounted it again. That also didn't work unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Ess_M
Apprentice
Options

Try wiping the cache partition and once done there is an option to fix apps within the recovery menu. 

0 Likes
SarahIvy
Apprentice
Options

Alright just got done doing that and it also didn't work. 

Something else that is weird is that if I take a picture, it saves in the folder but as soon as I move a picture from a different folder, the pictures I just took and the moved file are "gone".

0 Likes
Solution
SarahIvy
Apprentice
Options

So I just wanted to update in case other people are having this issue. I went out today and got an SD Adapter to see if I could find the photos on my computer and it worked!! They were all there!

The only weird thing is there are at least 12+ white files in my camera folder that had names like (*@_!#$ but they were all named different. I tried to delete them thinking that was what was hiding my photos but I got an error message saying "the items were too long" which, was super weird. I put in a new SD card and was able to move photos into the SD Camera folder and they did not disappear. I hope this helps anyone who has the same issue. 

0 Likes