Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't Clear Partition Cache

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 12:05 AM)
nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

As part of troubleshooting another issue, Samsung's tech support advised that I follow instructions to Clear Partition Cache. Having followed the instructions given, found instructions online and watched videos on how to perform the activity, I could not Clear the Partition Cache. Instead my phone displays the following system message: 

[PDP] 

back-up : fail 

setup-wizard [ FINISH ]

Many webchats and calls later, including a 'repair, Samsung have not been able to confirm the problem or provide a solution.

Any thoughts on next steps welcome!

thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Turns out that the phone needs to have a wired connection to a computer to be able to load the Recovery Menu from which the Wipe Cache Partition option exists. Once the phone is off and connected to a computer, then follow the existing instructions: hold down bixby and volume up buttons until it loads the recovery menu.

According to Samsung Tech Support the need to have a wired connection is a consequence of Android 11.

Getting to this point has required many calls and webchats, and an unnecessary repair. Sounds like the need to have a wired connection has caught Samsung on the backfoot as they said this was a 'workaround'.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
SJohnson
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

While your device is powered down are you holding the power button and volume up button at the same time?

nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

yes. I have followed the instructions provided verbally and published online. I have also watched video tutorials. No matter what I have no luck.

Discovered the problem before sending it to Samsung for repair, which they said was not required!

Could it be related to upgrade to Android V11?

0 Likes
Solution
nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Turns out that the phone needs to have a wired connection to a computer to be able to load the Recovery Menu from which the Wipe Cache Partition option exists. Once the phone is off and connected to a computer, then follow the existing instructions: hold down bixby and volume up buttons until it loads the recovery menu.

According to Samsung Tech Support the need to have a wired connection is a consequence of Android 11.

Getting to this point has required many calls and webchats, and an unnecessary repair. Sounds like the need to have a wired connection has caught Samsung on the backfoot as they said this was a 'workaround'.

Newstead
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I was able to clear the cache by simply plugging in USB c headphones then power off and use the procedure mentioned elsewhere to clear the cache partition.