Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Clear Partition Cache

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 12:05 AM)
nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options

As part of troubleshooting another issue, Samsung's tech support advised that I follow instructions to Clear Partition Cache. Having followed the instructions given, found instructions online and watched videos on how to perform the activity, I could not Clear the Partition Cache. Instead my phone displays the following system message: 

[PDP] 

back-up : fail 

setup-wizard [ FINISH ]

Many webchats and calls later, including a 'repair, Samsung have not been able to confirm the problem or provide a solution.

Any thoughts on next steps welcome!

thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options

Turns out that the phone needs to have a wired connection to a computer to be able to load the Recovery Menu from which the Wipe Cache Partition option exists. Once the phone is off and connected to a computer, then follow the existing instructions: hold down bixby and volume up buttons until it loads the recovery menu.

According to Samsung Tech Support the need to have a wired connection is a consequence of Android 11.

Getting to this point has required many calls and webchats, and an unnecessary repair. Sounds like the need to have a wired connection has caught Samsung on the backfoot as they said this was a 'workaround'.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

While your device is powered down are you holding the power button and volume up button at the same time?

nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options

yes. I have followed the instructions provided verbally and published online. I have also watched video tutorials. No matter what I have no luck.

Discovered the problem before sending it to Samsung for repair, which they said was not required!

Could it be related to upgrade to Android V11?

0 Likes
Solution
nicholas_rubin
Apprentice
Options

Turns out that the phone needs to have a wired connection to a computer to be able to load the Recovery Menu from which the Wipe Cache Partition option exists. Once the phone is off and connected to a computer, then follow the existing instructions: hold down bixby and volume up buttons until it loads the recovery menu.

According to Samsung Tech Support the need to have a wired connection is a consequence of Android 11.

Getting to this point has required many calls and webchats, and an unnecessary repair. Sounds like the need to have a wired connection has caught Samsung on the backfoot as they said this was a 'workaround'.

Newstead
Explorer
Options

I was able to clear the cache by simply plugging in USB c headphones then power off and use the procedure mentioned elsewhere to clear the cache partition.

VijayAnandS
First Poster
Options

Hi, Im facing the same problem here. I have connected my Samsung Note 10 lite to a Mac and did the same process. But it didn't work. Any other solution?

0 Likes
mistermaster1
First Poster
Options

Hi! having exactly the error message on my S10+, and solution is no way  solved connecting the phone using  cable to a computer while trying to hard reset. I can't access or do anything with my own phone,  pin code is apparently not correct, and unable to continue  to the recovery step.

Only way to fix this is support case to samsung/repair?

0 Likes
igiveanswer
Apprentice
Options

Based on the information provided, it seems that you are experiencing an issue with clearing the partition cache on your Samsung phone, and you are seeing a system message that says "PDP: back-up: fail" and "setup-wizard [FINISH]." Here are some potential next steps you could consider:

1. Double-check the instructions: Make sure that you are following the correct instructions for clearing the partition cache on your specific Samsung phone model. Instructions may vary depending on the phone model and Android version. It's important to follow the correct steps to avoid any potential issues.

2. Try a different method: If you've been using a particular method to clear the partition cache and it's not working, you could try a different method. For example, some Samsung phones have a built-in recovery mode that allows you to clear the partition cache. You can try accessing recovery mode and clearing the cache from there.

3. Factory reset: If clearing the partition cache is not working and you're still experiencing issues, you could consider performing a factory reset on your Samsung phone. Keep in mind that a factory reset will erase all data on your phone, so make sure to back up your important data before proceeding with this option.

4. Contact Samsung support: If you've tried various methods and are still unable to clear the partition cache or resolve the issue, you may need to contact Samsung support again for further assistance. Provide them with detailed information about the issue, the steps you've taken, and any error messages you're encountering, and they may be able to provide a solution or escalate the issue to a higher level of support.

5. Seek professional help: If you're not comfortable performing troubleshooting steps yourself, you could consider taking your Samsung phone to a Samsung authorized service center or a qualified technician who can diagnose and fix the issue for you.

6. You may look for other cache clearing options for the Samsung phones on your phone or tablet. You might have a look at this page in order to see how to do it in different ways:

Remember to always back up your important data before performing any troubleshooting steps that may result in data loss, such as factory reset.

0 Likes