Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera has black screen

(Topic created on: 29-10-2021 05:48 AM)
tommy98
Journeyman
Options
My samsung galaxy s20 camere has a blavk screen when i ho on the camera app and any other app like snapchat it wont let me take a picture i contacted samsung  and dident recive much help i went through steps that they advisted me to do and even factory reset my phone and still dosent work ?
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What steps did they take you through @tommy98  ?

The phone has built in diagnostic tools via the Samsung Members app and via dialing *#0*# in your phone app.

Also try clearing the cameras cache via Settings and Apps then Camera. 

Finally if needed visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or arrange a doorstep repair if supported where you live.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
tommy98
Journeyman
Options
I went through the steps i cleared cache and i even done a full factory reset and i was going to get a doorstep repair i had it booked but the prrson who was coming to fix it called me begor he came and told me because i said to him i had a tiny barely noticeable crack on my screen that samsung would not fix it on my warranty ,
I just done
The
diagnostic tools
U posted and my front camera worked on there but
I tried the Mega cam and it said that its Unable to open camera service ??
0 Likes
Chloe08
First Poster
Options

Hello.

Did you manage to sort this problem out? I've just recently done an upgrade and done all of the above which you have tried but still no joy. 

Thanks

0 Likes
tommy98
Journeyman
Options
@chloe08 Still not sorted after all this I'm gonna have to switch to iPhone samsung let me down .
0 Likes
tommy98
Journeyman
Options
Just an update on my rear camera its still not working it still has a black screen been months now.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @tommy98 

As I mentioned in my previous rellies to you if the phone has accidental damage on the screen like yours has then as this isn't covered under the manufacturing warranty and that any subsequent work on the phone that many need to be performed such as dismantling the phone to effect a repair Samsung would need to address the accidental damage first.

This wouldn't be cost free.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/s20-camera-not-working-still. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/camera-has-black-screen. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
tGGrZ
Apprentice
Options

Tommy, I had the same problem, because I went into my Security & Permissions manager under the settings cogwheel. I turned off the "Allow alll apps to access camera with the correct permissions" selection. Ensure yours is turned on. [SEE PIC] 

Screenshot_20220117-185436_Settings.jpg

tGGrZ
Apprentice
Options

Hope that helps.

Members_dIVh6yd
First Poster
Options

Thank you! You've just fixed my phone!