Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth turning off constantly

(Topic created on: 23-03-2023 02:18 PM)
habibilo
Journeyman
Options
Ok so everytime I try and turn on bluetooth to connect my headphones, it just turns off and sometimes it takes several seconds to turn bluetooth on just so it can turn off a few minutes or seconds later. Any answers on why this is happening? Phone is Samsung S20 FE
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What headphones are they?
Have you tried re-pairing them?
Do the headphones need an app to accompany them and if so, is the software upto date?
Do you have anything else pared with the phone?
0 Likes
habibilo
Journeyman
Options
Ive tried to re-pair the headphones but now they dont even show up on my bluetooth pairing options, and both of them have bluetooth on.
I dont have that much paired with my phone and even then I mostly just pair my headphones.
Pairing was simple as just turning bluetooth on but as said before i literally cannot connect it anymore.
As for what headphones they are, I forgot the name because its ridiculously long.
0 Likes
habibilo
Journeyman
Options
Ok so the headphones is JVC but i dont remember the model
0 Likes
habibilo
Journeyman
Options
Fixed it myself now, thank you
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's great to hear. What was wrong to stop it connecting?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@habibilo  Glad the Bluetooth is sorted, what was the solution?  A few other ideas for future reference and for those who are having problems. 
 could try clearing the Bluetooth cache. Go to Settings-Apps, if Bluetooth not visible you may need to tap sort-show System Apps and clear Data/cache. Some more detail and other suggestions here such as Resetting the Network settings. https://thedroidguy.com/fix-bluetooth-problems-samsung

However if not a solution may need to wipe the cache partition by these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also Repair Apps via the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

habibilo
Journeyman
Options
Ok so the problem was that I had completely forgotten to update my phone's software since sept. 2022, meaning my bluetooth started freaking out for some reason or another. As for why I couldnt re-pair ny headphones, turns out I forgot that you had to hold the power button for a good 10 seconds for it to start pairing so really the problem was my memory in the end lol. Thanks for the support, though.
habibilo
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the instructions, ill make sure to keep them in mind if something like this happens again
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
No problem, yes important to ensure software is updated and one of first things to check. Yes the repairing can vary.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.