Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App WiFi problems

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 07:38 AM)
Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone help having problems with some apps not working over WiFi but work on 4g the apps are bbc weather,bbc news and hive . I have Samsung s20 fe Android 11 ,my wife has same problem she has huawei phone many thanks if someone can help.

26 REPLIES 26
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ian Hewitt Hello, go to Settings / Connections / Wifi, three points up right / Advanced and deactivate the option Switch to mobile data, then go to Settings / Connections / Data usage and deactivate the option Mobile data only apps.
Check if the apps in question work with Wifi data. Greetings.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-09 at 21.19.54 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-10-09 at 21.19.54.jpeg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

Thank you have tried that but still the same bbc news , bbc weather and hive still only work on data connection not over WiFi 

Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options

I have the exact same problem with Samsung S20 5G on Android 11... tried resetting all network settings but still doesn’t work properly. Same apps work fine on ipad and wife's iPhone so not a WiFi issue...

Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

My wife has has huawei phone which has the same problem I think it’s an android problem as iPad works ok . I have also reset network settings still no joy maybe next up date will fix the problem if not will go the iPhone route .

0 Likes
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options

Same, I've been looking at iPhones this morning! Seems to be a popular problem when I've been searching the Web this morning so hopefully a fix will be out soon as I'd prefer to stick with Samsung 

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ian Hewitt Hello, then try the following. In Applications, three points up right / Reset preferences. This will have to reset the preferences of the apps. You do not lose personal data. A greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

Bbc weather and bbc news still having problems with hive intermittent Iam not the only one having the same problem 

0 Likes
Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

I like my Samsung so like you hopefully the fix will come soon 

0 Likes
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options
Tried that bit still having the same issues as Ian
0 Likes