Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can i turn off the start up and system UI notifications, without turning off text alert sounds? If not, why not?🤬

(Topic created on: 17-06-2019 06:23 AM)
Twodogs
Student
Options

Every time i turn on my phone or get a system UI notification it uses my text alert sound. Just got my S10 a couple of months ago after upgrading from my S6, which I've had for last 4 years. On all my previous phones you could choose to differentiate the notifications sounds or turn it off altogether. I can't find this option anywhere! Can i turn off the start up sound off? If not, why not? It's getting  to the point where i just want to launch my phone at the wall every time it happens!!

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Twodogs: If you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sounds and Vibration > Screen Lock Sound > Off, this should stop your S10 from chiming when you turn on your screen. The notification sound you choose here (Sounds and Vibration > Notifications) will be your general system notification option, however to add a custom notification sound to a specific app please go to Settings > Apps > Select App > Notifications > General Notifications > Sound.

View solution in context

Solution
Twodogs
Student
Options

Thank you so, so much! This worked a treat! Sanity restored!😌

View solution in context

22 REPLIES 22
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Twodogs: If you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sounds and Vibration > Screen Lock Sound > Off, this should stop your S10 from chiming when you turn on your screen. The notification sound you choose here (Sounds and Vibration > Notifications) will be your general system notification option, however to add a custom notification sound to a specific app please go to Settings > Apps > Select App > Notifications > General Notifications > Sound.
Solution
Twodogs
Student
Options

Thank you so, so much! This worked a treat! Sanity restored!😌

MaryS10
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a text notification sound when I first turn on my samsung S10. I have all the system sounds off so not sure what i can do ?

0 Likes
Coadhall
First Poster
Options

All of the resolutions I have seen do not answer the original question.  What is wanted is to turn off the sound when the phone is first switched on, before you unlock to start the decrypt.  It uses my text message sound which is bloody annoying, what is not wanted is just the unlock sound switch off, that is easy to do.

0 Likes
Rew54McH
First Poster
Options

I have an A20e.  It makes a jingle sound every time it starts from cold.  The sound is same as SMS notifications.  I have set all notifications to silent and the sound continues.

Is there a different procedure for this handset?  

How can the start jingle be silenced and leave genuine message notifications active and audible? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Rew54McH: If you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume (or tap the Volume Down button, then swipe down on the Volume bar), you can reduce the Ringtone and System sounds or move the sliders to the left to mute them. Now, when you restart the device you won't get the start up sound, although please remember to increase the relevant Volume sliders once the restart is complete so you're still alerted to app notifications. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
Trixeroo
First Poster
Options

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S10e today. Mine does the same thing. My setting suggested in the solution was already implemented (turned off) so this solution did not work for me. It is very annoying.

0 Likes
PaulGor
Journeyman
Options

I had the same - and the above solution did not work for me (new Verizon s10e). Continued to search and found another solution that did work for me!
Settings / Apps / Show system applications / System UI / Notifications / fbe_channel_name / Notification style ==>

Finally!

toy
Apprentice
Options

Hi PaulGor

I only make it to "Settings / Apps / Show system applications / System UI / Notifications"

The rest I can't find. Do you have any idea.

Would be great if you could help.

Regards

0 Likes