Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What are the supported bluetooth audio codecs of my Exynos Galaxy S10?

(Topic created on: 24-05-2020 05:07 PM)
Bruhboi
Apprentice
Options

Hi All!

I am aware that the Snapdragon version of the Galaxy S10 series has the codecs SBC and aptX. However, I am speculating that the Exynos version doesn't have aptX because aptX is by Qualcomm. So I just want to confirm whether the Exynos version has aptX or not. If not, does it have another codec that I'm not aware of? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

the codecs are SBC AAC aptx LDAC

have a nice day

View solution in context

18 REPLIES 18
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

the codecs are SBC AAC aptx LDAC

have a nice day

Bruhboi
Apprentice
Options
Thanks a lot mate! Appreciate it!
ezGenesis
First Poster
Options

This is false! Exynos S10 have terrible bt sound quality, and is unable to use any other codec than SBC… This is well documented across the internet, and have caused many to switch brand in EU…

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I can switch to all thr above.with a devicd connected from the dev options

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

And i have no terrible bluetooth sound either. The buds use avrpc with the scalable codec.and sound is perfect

0 Likes
ezGenesis
First Poster
Options

True, but false again! You can switch in the dev. Options, but as soon as you pair a device, any device (tried 4 aptX and 1 LDAC device), the system regresses to SBC. Have gotten AAC working on an older firmware, but not anymore and equally bad.

Terrible is a very subjective term, but SBC and ACC counts as bad in my ears, and anyone can tell the difference with good headphones.

I normally use Sonys XM3 and its baaad, even with my bad sounding Jabra Evolve 75e that I use when I work out sounds even worse with my S10…

If you can get another codec to stick in the dev. Options after playing some music and then going back and chack, upload a youtube clip with prof, otherwise don’t file false claims…

0 Likes
ezGenesis
First Poster
Options

AVRCP have nothing to do with sound, its just so that u can control play/paus and the likes...

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have avrcp with the scalable.codec. i cam change both avrcp version and codec from dev options

0 Likes
ezGenesis
First Poster
Options

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have avrcp with the scalable.codec. i cam change both avrcp version and codec from dev options

As I said before, so can I… But if you do that, connect a headset, paly something and go back you will see that the codec has reverted back to SBC… I have no idea why you bring up AVRCP over and over again, it has nothing to do with sound codecs??

Is it your purpose to not admit that you are wrong, I thought this forum was to help others?

I have hade my S10 for over a year, and ever sins I got it I have been hoping for Samsung to start paying for the license for aptX to QUALCOMM or LDAC to Sony, but they don’t.

The US S10 with a snapdragon supports this, because it’s a QUALCOMM chip, but Exynos do not.

Sorry to see that someone in Samsung’s forum is fooling people, just because he does not want to be wrong or admit he does not understand the tech.

Make a YouTube clip where you show the dev. Options while playing something over bt…

Sade…

0 Likes