Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Android version

(Topic created on: 21-07-2022 10:13 AM)
Drymen
First Poster
Options
Is there any upgrade path for my Galaxy S10+, currently stuck on Pie (vers 9). I need a higher android version (version 10 or higher) to be able to stream sound from a new set of hearing *****. I am unable to afford a new phone as well. Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Drymen is this a Uk device? Is there no update showing if you go to Settings-Software Update. You could try to update via Smart Switch Smart Switch needs to be downloaded to a computer,more detail here
https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-software-using-smart-switch/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi you could go to Sammobile and download Odin and follow the instructions and update your phone your self I have used it in the past for my older phones as well thanks
0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Sounds like it's a phone with a carrier version of OneUI. I picked up a spare S10 5G, was sold as new and unlocked, when it arrived its was an Australian phone and hadn't received any updates, ever so was stuck on the original firmware.

You can upgrade manually using ODIN, but it's complicated and risky, 10% of the time you'll brick your phone, or Knox will blow up, and also you'll have to wipe your phone and start again from fresh.
0 Likes
StevenNEUK
Explorer
Options

Where did you purchase your phone? reason i ask is because many stuck on such an old version have bought them from places like eBay and amazon and they were USA or other country imports (grey imports) and wont update unless sent back to that country to update.

0 Likes