Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:/

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 12:13 PM)
PinkLizard
Apprentice
Options
So I updated my phone, shut it down, cleaned the port, the cable is fine it's not parting anywhere and I can't imagine it's the socket plug so great- like a typical Samsung it just decided to not want to charge anymore- definitely gonna be my last Samsung- 
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Oh well 🤷‍♂️ that's what they always say this will be my last ___ but they always come back in the end.
PinkLizard
Apprentice
Options
Better alternatives and yeah pretty sure this will be my last- thanks for the smart comment though
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
I've had a S8 and a S10+ and Galaxy Z Fold 3 with absolutely no problems what so ever so maybe you haven't taken care of your devices and there's dust build up in the charging port and that's why it wont charge
0 Likes
PinkLizard
Apprentice
Options
How does dust build up explain it not wanting to charge suddenly- it worked fine the day prior
0 Likes
PinkLizard
Apprentice
Options
Like now it barely cable charges and after keeping the cable in with the power on- after the charger not working at all it just suddenly comes on and starts cable charging but if I move the phone slightly it just stops charging..
0 Likes
PinkLizard
Apprentice
Options
I'll see if I can buy a new cable cause I just tried the cache clearing- if not I'll invest in a wireless charger. The cable charging somewhat works sometimes its just the fast charging that isn't anymore.
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Have you not thought to take it to a repair centre or a samsung store with your reciept?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@PinkLizard: I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble charging your Galaxy S10. Do you have access to another USB cable that you can try to see if the issue persists? Similarly, if you have a home computer, try connecting your phone to it via USB, to eliminate the possibility that the issue is stemming from the plug adapter. If the issue persists with  multiple chargers, then head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold the app icon > Diagnostics > Cable Charging, and follow the on screen prompts. Does you encounter any errors at this stage? 

0 Likes