Original topic:

Specific apps have no internet or crash

(Topic created on: 11/05/21 11:23)
JohnP10
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello,

A few of my apps tend to "lose" internet connection and it's mostly noticable for me on YouTube, LinkedIn, Discord. When I open the app, it's always on the loading state and nothing moves further. Sometimes apps crash and that's it. 

This happens from time to time, whether it's connected on 4G or WiFi. Lately it's been happenning 1-2 times per app, per week. Connection works fine, if I immediately launch Samsung Internet I verify that it's up and running. 

What does not help:

• Clearing cache
  • Clearing app's storage
  • Rebooting the phone

The only thing that works is to uninstall the app (or revert it to stock if not possible) and then install it again. 

I think this began after the update with Deep sleep etc. 

Anyone else with same issue? Any thoughts?

(please no "reset your phone" solutions lol)

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Might be worth having a word with the developers of the apps @JohnP10 

What happens if you put the phone into Safe Mode  ?

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

I'm on the latest update and find no similar issues with YouTube on Mobile Data Connection or Wi-Fi.

I don't use the other two apps so can't comment on those. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes