Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific apps have no internet or crash

(Topic created on: 11-05-2021 10:23 AM)
JohnP10
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

A few of my apps tend to "lose" internet connection and it's mostly noticable for me on YouTube, LinkedIn, Discord. When I open the app, it's always on the loading state and nothing moves further. Sometimes apps crash and that's it. 

This happens from time to time, whether it's connected on 4G or WiFi. Lately it's been happenning 1-2 times per app, per week. Connection works fine, if I immediately launch Samsung Internet I verify that it's up and running. 

What does not help:

• Clearing cache
  • Clearing app's storage
  • Rebooting the phone

The only thing that works is to uninstall the app (or revert it to stock if not possible) and then install it again. 

I think this began after the update with Deep sleep etc. 

Anyone else with same issue? Any thoughts?

(please no "reset your phone" solutions lol)

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Might be worth having a word with the developers of the apps @JohnP10 

What happens if you put the phone into Safe Mode  ?

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

I'm on the latest update and find no similar issues with YouTube on Mobile Data Connection or Wi-Fi.

I don't use the other two apps so can't comment on those. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Helpmeplease3
First Poster
Options

Same thing happens to me. It says unstable connection and doesnt refresh the page at all regardless of 4g or wifi connection. It happens to apps like Facebook, Instagram, tiktok, Snapchat, LinkedIn.

I think mine started after some update in May.

My only solution for the fix is to restart the phone.

I've tried clearing the cache for every app and uninstall and still the same issue.

AndrewL
Options

To check if the issue is stemming from problems with Android System Webview, please attempt the steps below.

Settings > Apps > Search 'Webview' > Android System Webview > App details In-Store > Update. If the Update menu is not available, please tap the 'Enable' button to activate the update. 

If you installed the Android System Webview Beta, please head to Settings > Apps > Android System Webview Beta > Tap the 3 dots > Uninstall Updates.

0 Likes
JohnP10
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

Thanks, I'll try this the next time I get the same issue. 

0 Likes
Gabriel Sintra
First Poster
Options

I have a similiar but different issue:

1. Sometimes some of the apps appear not to have internet access, e.g. Whatsapp, Twitter, Google play store etc.

2. Reboot does solve the problem.

3. After a while it reappears, although I don't see a pattern of time interval or what might have triggered the issue.

Auto update is on.

It might have something to do with the apps I installed from non Play Store sources but I have no clue.

0 Likes