Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ (SM-G975U1) Android 12 Update

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 07:55 PM)
Onun
First Poster
Options
Hello. I've been keenly waiting for my S10+ to be updated to Android 12, but no luck so far. It is a SM-G975U1 model, which is I think is a US unlocked model. It is now however in Europe.

Am I likely to get an update at any point, considering the change in region? Should I attempt a manual firmware update or wait for an OTA update?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Onun: Due to variances in software from country to country, it may not be possible for you to update your S10+ if it was intended for use in the US, and you are outside that region. What I would suggest is checking Smart Switch on a PC or Mac to see if the update can be completed from here. To begin with, please follow the link below and click on 'How Do I get Smart Switch For My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your phone using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details. 

0 Likes
loud1ne
Journeyman
Options

in the official DOC of samsung, the SM-G975U1 model is not yet updated to android 12 but has remained to android 11, december patch, the fact remains that, having talked to an official samsung technician from america, having the same problem, he told me it's not a country change issue, just a delay regarding the release of the software update, so you just have to wait. 

0 Likes
loud1ne
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
UG_Suten
First Poster
Options

Hello. We're you able to get the update. I'm facing a similar issue. I have an s10+ SM-G975U (Us unlocked) and I've not got the one UI 4 update. I'm currently in Uganda not in the USA

0 Likes
CJOla
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, thing is we can't get the update ourselves to my knowledge 

Even if you try manually updating it, the US variants do not come with OEM unlocking no matter how hard you try , and we can't get the update straight from settings 

I don't know what else to do myself 

0 Likes
Tinderpal
First Poster
Options

You can download manually latest Android 12 rom which is Compatible for your model number find with g975U1 and flash it via Odin. It's Only single things which update your device to latest. 

0 Likes