Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Rotate picture button disappeared from Gallery App

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 09:41 AM)
cdanielm
Student
Options

I have updated my S10 software to OneUI 3 and I have noticed that something changed in the Gallery app. Prior to this software update when you opened a photo using the Samsung Gallery app there used to exist a rotate icon on the top right next to the smart view icon. By clicking this icon it was a simple way to rotate each picture without having to activate the phone portrait mode and rotate the screen to better view photos.

Is there a way this shortcut can be added again?

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Go to the Gallery app, then go to Gallery settings, go to About Gallery and keep tapping the Version Number at the top and it will turn on Gallery Labs, once you see a message about Gallery Labs, close the Gallery app, go back to the Gallery app, go to Gallery Settings, then scroll down till you see gallery labs. Once you are on Gallery Labs, turn on the option which says "Optional menu in viewer" this option will bring back the rotate button. Hope this helped!
cdanielm
Student
Options

That worked perfectly, thank you so much for the detailed solution APARMAR.

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
No problem, glad I could help!
0 Likes
Chathura Liyanage
First Poster
Options

Superb Solution..!! It's Working..! Thank You 👍👍👍

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
No problem
0 Likes
reynold1
Journeyman
Options
I cannot find ' viewer optional menu' in the gallery labs. Please help
Blacksw0n
Student
Options
I have nothing called Gallery Labs. Please can you help? The message appeared but there is no Gallery Labs at all
0 Likes
Lesfingal
First Poster
Options

I agree.... I cant find "labs" either. More to the point what ***** decided to remove thus function? In what world is this a better experience. Open Gallery app close gallery app, open it again...ah come on just give us the rilotate function back.

0 Likes
Lesfingal
First Poster
Options

I see that the censor's "red pen" was out to remove a very innocuous word. The truth is Samsung can't bear criticism, in this case, of a ridiculous update that removed a very basic function in the photos app. 

0 Likes