Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random lines appearing on S10 camera

(Topic created on: 21-10-2021 11:36 AM)
DudeofCourse
Student
Options

I have been having this issue for quite some time now. There are thin vertical and horizontal lines on my camera whenever I am taking a picture. This issue does not appear on the wide angle lense but only the standard camera. I worked at a place that repairs phones and I had my coworkers look at it to determine if they saw any damages on the camera and they, like me didn't see any. Not to mention that these lines don't look like any cracks I have ever seen.

I have tried doing a settings reset and a full reset of the phone and have still had no luck getting rid of this line. Anyone have any helpful ideas or suggestions? The picture below is me just holding the camera up to something to show the lines more clearly. 

20211020_171734.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Do the lines appear if put phone in safe mode and use the camera?
If they don't show it probably down to an app downloaded
0 Likes
DudeofCourse
Student
Options

I did try booting it in safe mode but the problem persisted in safe mode as well. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@DudeofCourse: Please can you attempt the following tests to see if the lines persist? 

1. Open the Phone app, dial *#0*# into your keypad and select 'Megacam'

2. Head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Select Interactive Checks, or Diagnostics, depending on your current software version > Camera. 

If the lines show up in either of these tests, or the resulting images taken during the tests, then please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or on Facebook to Twitter, and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange for the device to be inspected by an engineer. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes