Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working on S10 when screen is off

(Topic created on: 27-10-2021 08:34 PM)
philnes
Student
Options

recently moved up from S8 to S10. To my dismay. No led. And notifications / Edge lighting not working at all. Tried everything i can find. Only way of seeing a notification is going to lock screen or opening phone. I see this appears to have been an issue for a long time. Anyone have a recent solution. Phone close to useless in this condition. Dont want to use 3rd part software fix as i find they can cause other problems. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Good lock available on galaxy store is what you need
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
If you go to Settings - Notifications and tap on the " Brief " option rather than " Detailed " you will then see " Brief pop up settings " a couple of lines down - tap on that and should then see options for Edge Lighting
AndrewL
Options

@philnes: Some other things you can explore are Settings > Notifications > Brief > Brief pop-up settings > Show Even When Screen Is Off. Go back to the Notification Settings > Advanced Settings > Floating Notifications > Choose from Bubbles or Smart Pop-up View > Notification Reminders > On. 

Furthermore, head to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Settings > Flash Notifications, and enable Screen Flash or Camera Flash, depending on your preference. 

0 Likes
philnes
Student
Options

Many thanks for replies. Had messed around with all of these. Whatsapp appears to be a particular problem. but ive now got normal text messages to show up on edge lighting albiet just for a few seconds.  Was hoping to for the light to stay on for a while same way the led worked. Not sure this is possible. Thanks again