Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let Us Block Texts from Emails!

(Topic created on: 02-06-2021 01:51 PM)
Chris12345
Explorer
Options

Hey, Samsung! We need a feature to stop this barrage of really awful content coming to our phones. I get about 5 a day and they're gross. There is no way to filter spam messages in the default Messages app, nor can my provider supply a solution. This is really unacceptable. 

I have searched this forum and other sources, and none of the proposed solutions actually works. We need a GLOBAL OPTION to stop ALL texts from senders with email addresses instead of phone numbers.

Screenshot_20210601-131111_Messages.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
In the default message app does not the block numbers block messages work

Screenshot_20210601-213944_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
Chris12345
Explorer
Options

No, it doesn't, because there is no phone number associated with the message to block. If you look at the screenshot of the message, "Block" is grayed out. We need some kind of global solution. 

Screenshot_20210601-131111_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Poor Tracey!!... how could you break the poor girl's heart in this cruel way? You make her "seduced and excited" and you want to ghost her?!! You, sir... are a cad and rotten bounder!! 🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
Michelle Szwarnowski
First Poster
Options
any news
0 Likes
TenshiKurama
First Poster
Options

I have this exact same issue, I am on a Note 8 myself. I am up to date with everything and the last time this happened I had to contact my caller support and they said that it would stop and it was something to do with system maint. but it is unclear cause my phone is up to date. These ppl are just generating new emails when one is blocked to continue.

It has to be a scam who else would keep trying this hard but ppl with nothing to lose and free money to gain?

0 Likes