Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gallery not using roaming date and time

(Topic created on: 17-03-2024 04:27 PM)
ScoobySteve
Student
Options
Hi everyone.

I was recently in New Zealand which was 13 hours ahead of the time in the UK (where I live). 
I had roaming on, my Sansung S10e was showing the correct local time in NZ on its clock on the home screen and the file name of my photos and videos was correct. However, the photos and videos are placed in the wrong date in Gallery

As an example here's the info (when I swipe up in Gallery) of a photo I took at 12:37pm on 16th February 

LINE 1 - 15th February 2024 23:37
LINE 2 - 20240216_123528

So, the photo has the correct file name but 
its date and time stamp is showing the time it was in the UK when I took the photo and it's also showing in the 15th February folder in Gallery rather than the 16th.

I know I can manually edit the date but there are a lot of photos so is there :-
1. Something I can do to bulk change the incorrect date/time for all the photos on my phone or PC. 
2. Change something on my phone for future trips so it captures the correct local time wherever I am.

Thank You in advance😃 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

This is the expected behaviour. The filename gets the correct timestamp. The date/time (Line 1) will change based on the timezone you are in. If tomorrow,  you visit the US and check the date, it will show you a different date/time.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

This is the expected behaviour. The filename gets the correct timestamp. The date/time (Line 1) will change based on the timezone you are in. If tomorrow,  you visit the US and check the date, it will show you a different date/time.

ScoobySteve
Student
Options
Thank you for confirming there's nothing I'm doing wrong.
0 Likes