Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s10

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 10:26 AM)
Becky0211
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I have just swapped over from my Samsung S8 to Samsung S10, and so far. I am quite disappointed and sad and tempted to go back to my old phone. 

There are some key things missing and I wondered if anyone could help me - 

Led light notification  - i used to find this really useful, is there anyway to install this. 

Samsung Galley face tagging- this used to happen on my S8 but cannot work out how to tag faces on my S10, is there a way to install this? 

Overall I think the s8 was better. Thank you  

13 REPLIES 13
Chull150
Apprentice
Options
I found I missed the LED at first too but you do soon get used to it not being there...
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Yes, this is correct, no LED on the S10 which is hardware related so cannot be added. I missed it at first but no longer an issue. Face tagging was removed in a recent update. 

0 Likes
WPM
Journeyman
Options
S8 is no longer supported S10 is the top phone. Use you tube to find out where everything is.
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Go to notifications brief pop-ups press that and your lighting is there I've had a Samsung S10 for nearly 3 years and I've had no issues at all in fact best phone ever 🤘

Screenshot_20210430-111656_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20210430-111631_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210430-111609_One UI Home.jpg

AndrewL
Options

@Becky0211: As advised by @jimS10, Edge Lighting is a great alternative to the LED notifications of previous models. You can also head to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Settings > Flash Notification, and enable the Camera Flash or Screen Flash notification options, or both, depending on your preference. 

jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
There you go

Screenshot_20210430-142314_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20210430-142250_Accessibility.jpg

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
There is an app called holey light that uses the selfie camera cut out as an led notification, or you can just use the always on display, not sure about the face tagging as I have never used it
0 Likes
Becky0211
Apprentice
Options
Hello. That looks useful, thank you.. however I cannot find the pop up list. When I go into settings - notifications. Its not there?
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

there are apps which let you use the area around the hole punch as a sort of notifications led by lighting a few screen pixels.

Regarding face tagging I have it on my s10 plus, but I locked the update onto one ui 2.1 august 2020 patches. I did not update since then and I do not know if things changed with android 11

Archer