Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Does resolution reduce battery?

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 08:21 AM)
JerryLetehen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Have researched that there's no difference between 1080 and 1440 in battery usage. A guy on YouTube tested it out but there's a hint: phone will use less power when enabling maximum power saving with lowest screen resolution.

Who to trust?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Trust me. The difference between 1080p and 1440p in battery usage is very low. It is only the refresh rate that can make a big difference in battery life. It's the processing power used for 1440p processing that uses more battery. The screen itself still works the same, so it doesn't make a difference. When it comes to the refresh rate, however, the screen itself is outputting more Hertz, which means more battery.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Trust me. The difference between 1080p and 1440p in battery usage is very low. It is only the refresh rate that can make a big difference in battery life. It's the processing power used for 1440p processing that uses more battery. The screen itself still works the same, so it doesn't make a difference. When it comes to the refresh rate, however, the screen itself is outputting more Hertz, which means more battery.

View solution in context

sarasphotobox
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
omg no wonder so I just checked now since on one UI 3.0 o had screen resolution fhd+ I'm a ***** so it's on hd the basic one will it help my battery
0 Likes