Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying codes from sms

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 05:47 AM)
Waynefb2002
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
There was a really useful function on my old A20e which doesn't seem to be happening on my new S10.
The function was to be able to copy codes, usually authentication codes (2fa) with just one tap on the pop up message and that code would be copied to clipboard straight away. I can find how to do this on S10 . So I have to go into my messages, select "select text", highlight the code, click "copy" and finally posting it into the app or webpage I was using.
How can I get that one click function again?
Many thanks in advance.
Best wishes
Wayne
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Funny you say that, I have only just found that, on all my previous phone I had to copy it from the message but now can copy from pop up

I have a S22Ultra using Google messages for all my sms, have had all phones since s2
0 Likes
Waynefb2002
Apprentice
Options
Yes that's really weird. There must be a way of enabling the feature somewhere. Especially as my S10 is supposedly a higher spec than my A20.
Anyone know where/what you enable to regain the feature?
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Waynefb2002
Apprentice
Options
I've just done some more investigating - my two SMS apps were actually the Samsung ones, not Google. I've messaged Samsung to ask if there's a way of downloading and using the older version, which allowed the pop up copying. For now I've gone on to the Google app as at least, albeit.havinf to go back into the app, it does at least give a simple copy option of the extracted code. I'll let you know if I can get that old Samsung version (12.2.20.151).
0 Likes
Members_YN4UjpC
First Poster
Options
0 Likes